Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #21
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

how much longer did you take the wellbutrin, is it made to help you quit smoking? ive heard of it but never knew what it did.
im in the same spot, i quit smoking the other substance, im eating well and working out. i cut down on drinking ,im trying to gain weight.
i feel like i can doooooooooo eeeeeeeeetttttttt but i just wanted to hear how everyone else did it. thanks that story about mr douglas is a real good one. that would work for me, i wont lose to some dried up leaf lol
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #22
Comicboy
Deadman

I took it for about a week after I quit. It's normally used as an anti depressant, but it works for smokin too. Made me forget I smoked, I just stopped thinking about it.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #23
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

really thats interesting. ill think about that if i cant quit . you know whats tough tho, some days i want to quit, some days i dont. i gotta tell myself everyday that i neeeeeed to quit not want
Old 09-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #24
yorick
The Herculoids

i tried several times without success. But, I'll tell you what worked for me. I was taking a vacation/week off work and just decided not to smoke for that whole week. It was weird at first, because you have to find something else to do with your hands, and in response to your old habits. I just made myself sit and read, or put in a movie, fart around on the computer, or play guitar. After that week, I saw that I could indeed control myself and stop...so I did. Even going back to work, where I was surrounded by smokers (ex-bartender) wasn't that bad.
Eventually (about six months later) I tried to take a drag from a friends cig, and actually thot, "that is the most disgusting taste!!! what was I thinking for all those years?"

kind of like isolation therapy--it worked for me...
yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #25
fossa

don't start
Old 09-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #26
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

keep em coming guys thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #27
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa View Post
don't start
i was waiting for someone to say that lol remember what i said before right............. WHAMO
Old 09-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #28
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I must have quit smoking a thousand times, at one point I was up to 2 1/2 packs per day. I tried everything from the patch to perscription drugs and nothing worked for me until one day I said enough is enough. I thought to myself " I need to give this up before it gives me up." I realized I couldn't do this by myself so I decided to pray and ask God to help me with it. That day I went cold turkey and three years later I still going strong. I was all out of options and this worked for me. I know a few people from back in the day that are now living with lung cancer and they will all tell you it was not worth it. I guess you see things more clearly when you know your at the end of your rope. Do what works for you, but make sure you quit before it's too late.
OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #29
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

1 1 thats exactly why i want to quit..there are so many ways to get sick, i dont need to give myself a reason to get sick
Old 09-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #30
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Hypnotism worked for me...But the guy told me it wouldn't work unless I really wanted to quit...I stopped after one session...It lasted 18 months...Then I started dating a girl 15 years younger that smoked...Got hooked all over again...BTW...She was worth it...Now with cigarettes going up a $1 a pack via Texas Legislation in Jan. ...I have until then to quit a second time...I ain't paying that much for something that is just a habit...Good luck...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote