Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 01-01-2021, 07:52 PM   #91
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I'm not complaining or anything but why are we discussing this ID4 bust in a Predator thread? Did Tsume make the ID4 bust?
Ha no it is just of a similar half torso as an option of Tsume's Predator.

Here I'll update this last post with the latest relevant post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
So it's been a year, what's the update on this.

And what was the price range? I can't even remember, lol
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:00 AM   #92
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I'm not complaining or anything but why are we discussing this ID4 bust in a Predator thread? Did Tsume make the ID4 bust?

Well it popped up naturally in discussion, but seemed like a relevant comparison, it's also of a standard that you'd hope these guys will be aiming for, and a value that we'd all love to see more often I'm sure. This thread was dead anyway so it probably doesn't hurt to ramble on a little about other things that seem to be of mutual interest to others following the topic..

I'll resurrect the correct thread shortly. Going to make an effort to fix the eyes on my ID4 bust next week. Can't have EL's looking better than mine forever
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:48 AM   #93
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
You’re not complaining but felt the need to bring it up anyway

If you read the thread you’d see why the id4 bust came into the discussion then you might not have felt the need to not complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post

I'll resurrect the correct thread shortly. Going to make an effort to fix the eyes on my ID4 bust next week. Can't have EL's looking better than mine forever
Look forward to those modded pics! (In the correct thread obviously!) I need to redo mine, they’ve held up well but to get a perfect finish I should of really gave them a light sand and gloss coat before going in with the chrome
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #94
Python
Omega Red

I replied in the appropriate thread to keep this one cleaner. Looking forward to pics of this Predator once it ships.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 04:21 AM   #95
Dekuto
Doh!

Got the email yesterday that it got cancelled as they were not able to renew the rights with the new copyright owner, which i suppose is Disney....That really sucks
Dekuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:42 PM   #96
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekuto View Post
Got the email yesterday that it got cancelled as they were not able to renew the rights with the new copyright owner, which i suppose is Disney....That really sucks
Sounds like several companies are running into licensing issues now.

Man, Disney better open the merchandising floodgates once they've figured everything out. I want to see Hot Toys going after these properties with full force again to make up for the radio silence we've experienced these last few years.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:31 PM   #97
qz33
Rescue

This got cancelled??? After all this time??? WOW.

This is probably my most anticipated collectible on the forum and I didn't even order!
Old 01-30-2022, 09:06 PM   #98
dao2
Cyclops

I would guess this is more due to a lack of sales then licensing...
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:10 PM   #99
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I would guess this is more due to a lack of sales then licensing...
Obvious of course. I think it was just too ambitious combined with naturally few sales due to price and size along with production increases. Turning something in that would have been satisfactory would have been nigh impossible.
Old 01-31-2022, 02:18 PM   #100
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Obvious of course. I think it was just too ambitious combined with naturally few sales due to price and size along with production increases. Turning something in that would have been satisfactory would have been nigh impossible.
Price was high and while Tsume is alright they have definitely failed to deliver on prototypes before (even if some aren't exactly super detailed). No way I'm going to gamble on something super expensive for them.

Still weird to say this was cancelled over a failed license renewal as while not impossible it would be very unlikely that it would cause the cancellation of the piece unless they chose to do so.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote