Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 12-30-2020, 05:27 AM   #81
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
Same here Python...I'd prefer a nice cut somewhere around the mid section (diaphragm) BUT I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I received my Prime 1 ID4 1/1 Alien bust which has a similar cut as this Predator.And it looks fantastic!,beautifully integrated with that awesome base.So,I'd say the base will be equally as important for this Predator bust.

Oh yeah, I say I don't like a flat cut off like this. And yet that ID4 Alien is the only 1:1 bust I currently own. It's awesome and it was good value at only $699 considering it's size, quality and materials used (translucent resin) Although I suppose his body naturally thins out towards the base. That said, it works pretty well on this this Predator also tbf. I still like the pose and over all shape, but still really don't like the face or mask sadly. But I do look forward to seeing in hand pictures.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:37 AM   #82
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
So it's been a year, what's the update on this.

And what was the price range? I can't even remember, lol
I did think about this bust in passing the other day but just assumed it got delayed/cancelled. There’s been so much quality stuff announced and released (though not necessarily predator) since this got announced that I just forgot about it.
Would love to see some in hand pics if it does ever make it into collectors hands though.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:41 AM   #83
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Oh yeah, I say I don't like a flat cut off like this. And yet that ID4 Alien is the only 1:1 bust I currently own. It's awesome and it was good value at only $699 considering it's size, quality and materials used (translucent resin) Although I suppose his body naturally thins out towards the base. That said, it works pretty well on this this Predator also tbf. I still like the pose and over all shape, but still really don't like the face or mask sadly. But I do look forward to seeing in hand pictures.

[
Love that bust, probably the biggest bargain of the last decade for me. Really good quality yet it seemed to pass by most people’s radar unchecked.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:14 AM   #84
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Love that bust, probably the biggest bargain of the last decade for me. Really good quality yet it seemed to pass by most people’s radar unchecked.
Oh definitely! Easily the best pound for pound collectible I own. I think it's finally sold out now also. It's a shame it didn't sell better, who knows what kind of similar products we may have seen if it had.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #85
qz33
Rescue

I've passed on that ID4 bust 3 different times. Added to carts and everything. My final decision was that without an Exoskeleton bust to pair with it just wasn't worth the space.

If the eyes had been chromed probably would have bit but then probably more expensive.

Can't imagine an ID4 torso like this Predator, that opens to reveal this guy Ã- la ECC's Rosenberg.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #86
Python
Omega Red

You definitely missed out on an awesome bust. The slightly dull eyes were my only real complaint (Well along with a couple of visible seem lines) But everything else is awesome. I'd love the exoskeleton also one day, but I can't see it happening sadly. I'm still upset that they cancelled the colonist maquette....
Old 12-31-2020, 02:18 PM   #87
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
You definitely missed out on an awesome bust. The slightly dull eyes were my only real complaint (Well along wit ha couple of visible seem lines) But everything else is awesome. I'd love the exoskeleton also one day, but I can't see it happening sadly. I'm still upset that they cancelled the colonist maquette....
Yeah if the new movie had been on the original's level all this stuff would be flying.
When the 1st one came out people would have melted for this level of merchandise.
Hard to imagine it's pretty much an old folks flick now.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:34 PM   #88
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I've passed on that ID4 bust 3 different times. Added to carts and everything. My final decision was that without an Exoskeleton bust to pair with it just wasn't worth the space.

If the eyes had been chromed probably would have bit but then probably more expensive.

Can't imagine an ID4 torso like this Predator, that opens to reveal this guy Ã- la ECC's Rosenberg.
The eyes were an easy fix

Old 12-31-2020, 10:44 PM   #89
qz33
Rescue

Sharp.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:54 PM   #90
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm not complaining or anything but why are we discussing this ID4 bust in a Predator thread? Did Tsume make the ID4 bust?
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote