Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-31-2020, 04:37 AM   #271
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
He looks perfect in that vid, I think it’s one of those busts you’ll never get the true feel for (colour and detail wise) until you see it in person
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:47 AM   #272
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch1987 View Post
I watched Sisko review n made the decision to go for this bust. but after watching CWalker review n some other reviews on youtube I m totally confused whether should I keep order or not. its darker purple guys. i don't see any lightening issues as there are so many videos out already.
The color you see in the main review video part is pretty accurate.

Some of the pics are way too dark, not accurate.

I have learned through this to pay better attention to "representing the piece as best as I can" versus 'making a photo I like'. Follow me? It never crossed my mind that making a pic too dark would cause problems, I just liked the way it looked. And sometimes when you upload, YT changes things also.

I'm trying to do a follow up video to address some of these concerns.

Is he darker than the prototype? Appears so. Is he darker tha n the art box? Yes, but not a deal breaker. His skin tone is not 1 thing in the movies. He appears darker in some scenes. So the question is "what is screen accurate?"
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:49 AM   #273
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
That color in X's video looks like what mine looks like in person. He captured it.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:20 PM   #274
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

CWalker, I know you can't post a link but what's the title of the video for your YouTube review? Dont think I've seen it yet.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:09 PM   #275
CWalker
The Avengers

Youtube search "half-fast reviews thanos" should do it.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #276
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

I received box B with the base stand in it a couple of days back, but I should hopefully receive the rest of Thanos today!

But because I couldn’t wait, I assembled the base. Which sounds weird, but with all those purple attachments it can take a few minutes to do.

However I was under the impression that it was going to be a pain to do, but on mine the numbers on the parts perfectly correspond to the markings on the base. I’ve watched a few of the YouTube reviews and most of them said that the markings didn’t match?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #277
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I received box B with the base stand in it a couple of days back, but I should hopefully receive the rest of Thanos today!

But because I couldn’t wait, I assembled the base. Which sounds weird, but with all those purple attachments it can take a few minutes to do.

However I was under the impression that it was going to be a pain to do, but on mine the numbers on the parts perfectly correspond to the markings on the base. I’ve watched a few of the YouTube reviews and most of them said that the markings didn’t match?
Congrats. ! Look forward to your review.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:39 AM   #278
laproblematique
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

How much was shipping in the end for the 2 boxes to Australia? Praying my SugoToys order for Iron Man goes to plan as I really don't want to fork out extra for shipping!
laproblematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:37 AM   #279
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

These photos are only to show the colour differences between Queens and Iron Studios Endgame Thanos’

Click image for larger version

Name:	3FC02ECE-7CC3-4F54-AFDF-508AF1DAD851.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	130804

Click image for larger version

Name:	80B50AA7-7036-49A7-95E9-DA2BF13128E3.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	130805

It may be a bit darker than I would want him, but honestly I don’t have a problem with the shade of purple.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:20 AM   #280
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

A few quick thoughts:-

It’s not 100% perfect, as I have a few QC issues which I’ve found. Nothing major per se, but still a bit annoying given the price of these things. I’m not sure if this is a QC issue or not, but from the side I can see there’s a gap ranging between 2-4mm between the silicon face and black/blue neck collar (more on the left hand side than the right). Using a torchlight I can see that the gap has been painted a flat purple. Without the torchlight it’s not nearly as noticeable, to be almost irrelevant, but it’s there.

I also find it odd that he doesn’t have a neck showing. On Iron Studios there’s quite a bit showing, whereas on this bust it’s near nonexistent.

As I mentioned above the shade of purple is a bit darker than I would have chosen, but it’s perfectly fine imo. As you can see in the above photos, the difference isn’t as severe as I thought it was after watching Sean’s YouTube video. However I did notice that depending on the lighting the Iron Studios piece could appear an even lighter shade of purple. Honestly I would’ve thought the silicon would’ve been affected more by the light, but not in this case.

The teeth are passable, but they really should have been made out of acrylic rather than basic resin of whatever, as they look fairly flat and dry looking. The tongue and inner mouth should have also been gloss coated.

The eyes however are great. I’ve never owned a collectable with glass eyes before.

It’s heavy, but after watching all those video reviews it’s not as heavy as I feared it would be as I was able to assemble it quite easily by myself, and I’m your stereotypical skinny Asian. Though I was assembling it on a rather low ‘coffee’ table at the time, which makes it easier. In fact taking the base and bust out of the box was the hardest and most exerting thing in the whole exercise, in that I had to finally give up trying to pull it directly up out of the foam, to putting the foam on its side and taking it out that way.

Having no idea what to really expect, the silicon face is stiffer than I thought it would be. And I couldn’t help myself, but I had to pinch his nose.

But just after unboxing it, I’ve determined over the long run that it’s going to be a real pain to remove dust, lint and hair off of it. For example there was a stray black whisker like hair on the face, barely 2-3mm in length, and it took me forever to remove it. And while doing it I was concerned I was damaging the silicon with how hard I was using their brush to remove the hair.

As I mentioned previously the purple attachments on mine were numbered correctly and were easy to assemble onto the base, but supposedly this may not be the norm going by everyone else who has this piece in hand. Though the attachments aren’t nearly as symmetrical as I would like.

Those two gold attachments that connect to the underside of the bust, don’t sit at all flush on mine.

The name plate imo doesn’t at all look good, in that it looks fairly cheap imo, and I’m someone who doesn’t mind nameplates on my collectables.

In conclusion, after all my above points you would be forgiven in thinking that I don’t love this piece, however that would be far from the truth as overall when I just look at this piece I really do love him. But I’m also a collector who is known to go over my pieces with a fine tooth comb and a torchlight while I’m at it.

I have quite a few Thanos pieces. From Iron Studios 1/4 scale Infinity War and Endgame pieces, and the Hot Toys 1/6 scale IW piece, as well as the two Endgame variations on preorder from Hot Toys. Plus I even have a few Cosbaby versions of him in my collection. And that’s not including all the Gauntlet variations I’ll have in the next 12 months or so. And if I were only able to keep one, it would certainly be this bust.

I don’t know if he’s worth the price, but I don’t regret the purchase, not at all.