Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-31-2020, 03:47 AM   #2791
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Well if that ends up being the case i suppose your left with getting someone to customize a PF into the version you want or you can find a custom group or make one that will produce the ones you want.

Or you can search out bowen statues that did older pieces.
I have the Byrne era Bowen Cyclops to go with the rest of my Byrne era Bowen X-MEN lineup. I was able to complete that line because Bowen released all the characters I needed. Besides, Bowen's pieces are about 1/7 scale so they don't mix well with 1/4 pieces.

As far as customizing a Cyclops PF...these statues are expensive enough. I'm not going to drop a grand on top of that to get a custom Cyclops. Too expensive. Same with custom groups. It's a pretty exclusive club and those statues are outrageously priced in most cases.

I'm pretty much stuck waiting for some company to release either a 1/4 Byrne or Cassaday Cyclops I like. I have a feeling it'll be awhile.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:15 PM   #2792
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
We all know what sideshow is going to do. History has shown it. Neither the modern line nor the Lee line will be completed.
You're right, it has been discussed before. And of course you're right again, neither line will be completed. For one, these aren't separate lines, it's all just "X-Men" with a bunch of different costume eras represented. SS isn't working towards one whole roster like some of us collectors are.

I wouldn't be surprised if SS adds a few more 90s Claremont/Lee roster X-Men to this collection but then throw a curveball and one of those characters is in a highly modernized costume that doesn't fit in with the 90s team...

Like instead of giving us this Jim Lee Beast to fit the mostly 90s X-Men that most of us have at this point by default

They instead give us this Beast and it still throws those of us off who are trying to get that complete team...the team THEY started and keep not finishing
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:52 AM   #2793
pau123
Sailor Moon

Hahha. Don’t give SS ideas. Btw what’s the cahance ss make same character, say cyclops or Wolverine again but in different base environments than the one they just did
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:53 AM   #2794
pau123
Sailor Moon

Hahha. Don’t give SS ideas. Btw what’s the cahance ss make same character, say cyclops or Wolverine again but in different base environments than the one they just did
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:53 AM   #2795
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
You're right, it has been discussed before. And of course you're right again, neither line will be completed. For one, these aren't separate lines, it's all just "X-Men" with a bunch of different costume eras represented. SS isn't working towards one whole roster like some of us collectors are.

I wouldn't be surprised if SS adds a few more 90s Claremont/Lee roster X-Men to this collection but then throw a curveball and one of those characters is in a highly modernized costume that doesn't fit in with the 90s team...

Like instead of giving us this Jim Lee Beast to fit the mostly 90s X-Men that most of us have at this point by default

They instead give us this Beast and it still throws those of us off who are trying to get that complete team...the team THEY started and keep not finishing
I totally expect the first Beast PF to be the Astonishing Cassaday Beast. That would be soooo sideshow. At this point, I don't even think they release statues to make a profit anymore. I think they release statues now just because they get a kick out of seeing how many of their customers they can piss off.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #2796
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I hope it's not the astonishing Beast with his bust supporting outfit.

90s Lee Beast please! Iron Studios is doing Lee Beast, and Marvel Legends finally gave us Lee Beast AND Dark Beast from AoA, so hopefully that means we can get a SS Lee Beast.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #2797
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Duplicate post so here's some art.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:57 AM   #2798
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I would like a Jubilee and a Dazzler too.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #2799
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Duplicate post so here's some art.

God I'd kill for a Psylocke like that. Oh and Beast too.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #2800
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I would like a Jubilee and a Dazzler too.

Jubilee needs to happen.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote