Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Did some work on

---> the crown (giraffe-like pattern)

---> the armor

Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #1802
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:20 AM   #1803
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Thanks Spike,much appreciated.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #1804
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Landed this beast for $950 shipped on eBay for the EX version. surprised the bidding stayed so low, perfect condition (no shipper though).

This piece is amazing. Yes the leg armor is in the wrong spot, but you look right past that because the rest is stunning. Highly recommend this statue.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:30 PM   #1805
starchitect
Doh!

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an issue with this piece starting to lean? I was looking at mine the other day and it appears to be leaning forward more so than before???

The right foot (one with the metal peg) is planted in firmly to the base but the left foot (non peg foot) seems to be lifting up out of the keyed slot just a fraction???

I do know that because of the default pose of the statue itself it always had a bit of a weird forward lean look to it...almost as if a person in real life standing like that would actually fall forwards because all their weight would be on the right foot.

I had this same issue with my 89 batman PF where he's coming down the steps and his pose seems to be leaning way too forward that it looked unatural...in real life a person would not be able to pose static like that without tipping forward.

I know metal pegs can bend within the polystone but just not sure if that's the case with my jungle hunter...WHAT I DO KNOW is that the body of the jungle hunter is HEAVY!!! I can't fault sideshow on this one because the sheer weight of this piece is a beast! But perhaps the heaviness of the main body and the center of gravity being so far forward this piece will be prone to leaning in the future???

Ugh I hope not cuz I love my maquette!!
starchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:53 PM   #1806
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchitect View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone have an issue with this piece starting to lean? I was looking at mine the other day and it appears to be leaning forward more so than before???

The right foot (one with the metal peg) is planted in firmly to the base but the left foot (non peg foot) seems to be lifting up out of the keyed slot just a fraction???

I do know that because of the default pose of the statue itself it always had a bit of a weird forward lean look to it...almost as if a person in real life standing like that would actually fall forwards because all their weight would be on the right foot.

I had this same issue with my 89 batman PF where he's coming down the steps and his pose seems to be leaning way too forward that it looked unatural...in real life a person would not be able to pose static like that without tipping forward.

I know metal pegs can bend within the polystone but just not sure if that's the case with my jungle hunter...WHAT I DO KNOW is that the body of the jungle hunter is HEAVY!!! I can't fault sideshow on this one because the sheer weight of this piece is a beast! But perhaps the heaviness of the main body and the center of gravity being so far forward this piece will be prone to leaning in the future???

Just check mine and no lean yet..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:43 AM   #1807
starchitect
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Just check mine and no lean yet..
Good for you, I'm not so lucky. Also another member on the other forum has confirmed that he has the same issue as me.

The statue is starting to lean forward and the left foot is lifting up out of the keyed slot. His solution was to use electrical tape around the keyed feet to create more grip so it won't lean/lift any more.I will give this a try.

WTH Sideshow...
I have the Iron Man MK III Maquette coming but now I'm re-considering.
starchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #1808
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Good for you, I'm not so lucky. Also another member on the other forum has confirmed that he has the same issue as me.

The statue is starting to lean forward and the left foot is lifting up out of the keyed slot. His solution was to use electrical tape around the keyed feet to create more grip so it won't lean/lift any more.I will give this a try.

WTH Sideshow...
I have the Iron Man MK III Maquette coming but now I'm re-considering.
Well that sucks but as you know every statue can have its own issues ( wolverine pf peg ) and with that pose it does have that risk potential SIDESOW..Mark III should not have any leans issues from my take.The paint can be another issue as for the mud affect was done a little too much but I'm OK with it.How the heck can my Big chap alien not be leaning as only one peg is holding it in and most of the weight is leaning to right
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #1809
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:

Mine is doing the same. This is a quality control issue.

Last night, because of the lean and that the Sideshow magnets are garbage, the masked head literally rolled out of its slot and smashed on the carpet.

Let me ask, what if a baby or small pet had been under that?

Or, what if the entire sculpture falls over?

This is not an "Oh well, it happens, good luck" moment. It's a potential hazard waiting to happen. I've heard of resin slacking or shifting over time due to an excessive amount of oil in the resin itself. Again, a quality control issue, and for $1200+, I don't expect to pay for crap.

I'm calling Sideshow tomorrow to review my options. I've had the statue for about 6 months, and love it, but when one of your display pieces can become a physical hazard, it needs to be addressed.

If Sideshow will not replace my statue, my only option I believe is to position the statue in a more upright position, where I have it now using coasters. With the hope that the left leg will lower itself back into its slot. I'll then drill a hole and insert REAL MAGNETS. You know, the kind that have really strong attraction. Unlike the crap Sideshow uses. I'm also considering drilling upward into the right foot to the mid-thigh, if possible, and insert a metal rod.

I have other Sideshow statues in the same room where this is displayed and none of those have positional or leaning issues. And since it's happening to more than one buyer, Sideshow has a problem, which unfortunately has become OUR problem. I'll update later and let you know what Sideshow says.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181013_193541.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	117998   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181013_193453.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	117999  

Last edited by nurturer; 10-14-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: To add pics
nurturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:25 PM   #1810
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
Mine is doing the same. This is a quality control issue.

Last night, because of the lean and that the Sideshow magnets are garbage, the masked head literally rolled out of its slot and smashed on the carpet.

Let me ask, what if a baby or small pet had been under that?

Or, what if the entire sculpture falls over?

This is not an "Oh well, it happens, good luck" moment. It's a potential hazard waiting to happen. I've heard of resin slacking or shifting over time due to an excessive amount of oil in the resin itself. Again, a quality control issue, and for $1200+, I don't expect to pay for crap.

I'm calling Sideshow tomorrow to review my options. I've had the statue for about 6 months, and love it, but when one of your display pieces can become a physical hazard, it needs to be addressed.

If Sideshow will not replace my statue, my only option I believe is to position the statue in a more upright position, where I have it now using coasters. With the hope that the left leg will lower itself back into its slot. I'll then drill a hole and insert REAL MAGNETS. You know, the kind that have really strong attraction. Unlike the crap Sideshow uses. I'm also considering drilling upward into the right foot to the mid-thigh, if possible, and insert a metal rod.

I have other Sideshow statues in the same room where this is displayed and none of those have positional or leaning issues. And since it's happening to more than one buyer, Sideshow has a problem, which unfortunately has become OUR problem. I'll update later and let you know what Sideshow says.
Yikes! Very sorry to hear this. Hopefully Sideshow can help you out on this. Let us know the result.

P.S. As you've had this for 6 months, is it safe to say you got this on the secondary market and not directly from Sideshow?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote