Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #7191
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Is no one else bothered by the Dark Knight Returns Framed art piece!!??? I love this artist! Yet you (Sideshow) chose to the UGLIEST mat border color ORONGE! This isn't BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN! Aesthetically, it looks BAD! and you didn't even give it that nice double accent like you did with the recent TRINITY pieces...just a single lazy one! How dare you do the DARK KNIGHT returns fine art print with a lazy a$$ frame! After releasing that promo video of doing licensed art prints...and then this!? I've attached better versions that work nicely. I know you guys can do way better!! Especially if i'm paying $300 for a framed art piece, i want my moneys worth! I've purchased framed pieces from you guys for quite sometime, and i do want this piece (FRAMED) i know i can simply just buy the print & get it custom framed, but typically you guys do a killer job with the framing process and save me the time. C'mon Sideshow, this is DARK KNIGHT RETURNS!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	better options.png
Views:	56
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	114662   Click image for larger version

Name:	lousy frame.png
Views:	63
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	114663   Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween.png
Views:	64
Size:	466.4 KB
ID:	114664   Click image for larger version

Name:	also cool.png
Views:	41
Size:	458.3 KB
ID:	114665  
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:07 AM   #7192
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

DKR print... Could there be a PF FINALLY coming?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:39 AM   #7193
pokritz17
Hydra

kept on going back and forth on the new Ivy print...finally ordered, just love the colors
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:34 PM   #7194
iceprince_x
Deadman

My first Sideshow Print... bought without frame and had her framed locally for only $65 with bigger frame and triple matboard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3896A7C9-938A-4C04-99A6-979005B5B309.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	114751  
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:22 AM   #7195
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
My first Sideshow Print... bought without frame and had her framed locally for only $65 with bigger frame and triple matboard
Noice!
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:20 AM   #7196
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
kept on going back and forth on the new Ivy print...finally ordered, just love the colors
It's beautiful in person!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #7197
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Looks great! Nice color choices and you can't beat that price!

Did you get the statue too?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:54 AM   #7198
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Looks great! Nice color choices and you can't beat that price!

Did you get the statue too?
Yup... EX and changed my payment plan to get her earlier.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #7199
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
Is no one else bothered by the Dark Knight Returns Framed art piece!!??? I love this artist! Yet you (Sideshow) chose to the UGLIEST mat border color ORONGE! This isn't BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN! Aesthetically, it looks BAD! and you didn't even give it that nice double accent like you did with the recent TRINITY pieces...just a single lazy one! How dare you do the DARK KNIGHT returns fine art print with a lazy a$$ frame! After releasing that promo video of doing licensed art prints...and then this!? I've attached better versions that work nicely. I know you guys can do way better!! Especially if i'm paying $300 for a framed art piece, i want my moneys worth! I've purchased framed pieces from you guys for quite sometime, and i do want this piece (FRAMED) i know i can simply just buy the print & get it custom framed, but typically you guys do a killer job with the framing process and save me the time. C'mon Sideshow, this is DARK KNIGHT RETURNS!!
yeah, that is kind of an ugly frame. Maybe it is just me but any print I have are all in simple mat black frames. Nice clean line and the black really makes the art pop even more. I am surprised Sideshow would do that.

Depending how everything is in there maybe you could take the picture out and give it a quick coat of spray paint. It would be a shame to get it reframed but I do think the orange frame would stand out but not in a good way.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #7200
Harbinger176
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
You might have a point seeing that the framed version is still available to PO while the print is on waitlist.
Harbinger176 is offline   Reply With Quote