Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #21
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Sounds like you got a good deal on the ESB Boba though. As cool as this ROTJ MB is I still like that one better, but I'm partial to the ESB version of the character. The colors just feel more militaristic and cold to me. Haven't decided if I'll pick this one up yet. Thinking I'll most likely pass.
I did get a pretty good deal, which is another reason I picked it up. I think I also prefer the ESB one, but he's one of my favorite characters and I really like this new one so I had to get it. I'm hoping to be able to use my coupon and get him cheaper once he's released, but for now I have him pre-ordered so I'll wait and see what happens as he gets closer to being released.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
Is the ESB Vader the one with him showing just one arm, with the hand showing?? I think it was the first one? Anyways, that's the one I'm gonna list on ebay soon
Yep. Clenched "rule the galaxy as father and son" fist. It was the first Vader and probably the best.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #23
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I did get a pretty good deal, which is another reason I picked it up. I think I also prefer the ESB one, but he's one of my favorite characters and I really like this new one so I had to get it. I'm hoping to be able to use my coupon and get him cheaper once he's released, but for now I have him pre-ordered so I'll wait and see what happens as he gets closer to being released.
I kind of regret using both my coupons already. I didn't want to wait though because I never found anything to use them on last year. He is a favorite character of mine too but I'm trying to tell myself I don't need him since I own the Sideshow PF which is based off the ROTJ version.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #24
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I kind of regret using both my coupons already. I didn't want to wait though because I never found anything to use them on last year. He is a favorite character of mine too but I'm trying to tell myself I don't need him since I own the Sideshow PF which is based off the ROTJ version.
I didn't use my coupon last year either, and I don't want that to happen again this year. It's a tough call on this bust since you have the PF, maybe you should get one just in case and decide whether or not to keep it down the line. Or you could just skip it altogether.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #25
ATATDRIVER
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

very nice ! ordered
ATATDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #26
JawaMarinara
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Despite the awful price, I ordered. I missed out on the first Boba and don't wanna pay the current market price.
JawaMarinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #27
PitViper
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Any chance that they make a non-deluxe version of this for the retail market? Seems like they've been doing that a lot of late...
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
Any chance that they make a non-deluxe version of this for the retail market? Seems like they've been doing that a lot of late...
A good question for the "Ask GG" thread.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #29
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Fett is my favorite SW character, always has been. When I sold off my toys I kept every version just because. I have the 1st bust (love it greatly) and I really like the new SDCC version. But $150? I'm actually passing. I don't see the value in it with 2500 pieces being made.
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
JawaMarinara
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
With 2,500 pieces, I would not be surprised if this showed up at other retailers after the show. Most items when wholesale last year shortly after the show.
JawaMarinara is offline   Reply With Quote