bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Nothing new regarding this one ?
Is it ready to be shipped ?
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #152
Brent72
The Spirit

OK, I'm one of the crazy bastards who decided to buy this thing and I had it delivered yesterday. First off let me say that I'm admittedly a terrible photographer and these are quick pics taken from a cell phone after a long day/night of setting this guy up. Hopefully they do a good job showing off the overall presence of the piece, however, as I am beyond happy with it. I knew it was a big gamble based on Sideshow's reputation and while it's clear that you will never get a 100% screen accurate piece from them this is still an amazing 1:1 statue. Compared to the Don Post Boba Fett I've had in my collection for the last 12 years and just sold earlier this week(shown in last pic) this is beyond a night and day difference. I'd love a completely screen accurate Boba as much as anyone, but the amount of time required and the number of different people you have to deal with is just more than I can take on at this point in my life. There's also the issue of getting a proper mannequin to display everything on and I know from past experience if you don't have the right mannequin it can completely destroy the appearance of the display. I'd bet everything I have that I wouldn't have been able to get a flexible mannequin that would hold the pose that this statue has and at the end of the day I'll sacrifice some accuracy for a statue that has an amazing pose and overall appearance. He just looks like he's ready to put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.

Brent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #153
Superman_Rules
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

^ That's pretty sweet, congrats! If only I could win the lottery.
Superman_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #154
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_Rules View Post
^ That's pretty sweet, congrats! If only I could win the lottery.
Thanks, man. I'm really happy with it. If I hadn't been able to sell the Don Post statue for a ridiculous amount of money I never would have bought this, but I'd always wanted an ESB Fett and figured this is the only way I was ever going to get one as doing a custom build was not an option.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:54 AM   #155
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent72 View Post
Thanks, man. I'm really happy with it. If I hadn't been able to sell the Don Post statue for a ridiculous amount of money I never would have bought this, but I'd always wanted an ESB Fett and figured this is the only way I was ever going to get one as doing a custom build was not an option.
Great you ended up getting one buddy and happy with it !
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #156
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
Great you ended up getting one buddy and happy with it !
Thank you.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #157
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Life size will probably never be my thing, but I admire that it takes a serious laser-focus to get what you truly want at the expense of shelves stocked with good statues.

I'll have to be content with a couple of life size busts. I have the Akuma from PCS and may get the SSC Fett. They still give you that presence no scale figure provides.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #158
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Life size will probably never be my thing, but I admire that it takes a serious laser-focus to get what you truly want at the expense of shelves stocked with good statues.

I'll have to be content with a couple of life size busts. I have the Akuma from PCS and may get the SSC Fett. They still give you that presence no scale figure provides.
Yeah, I've got some 1/6 Hot Toys figures, a few 1/4 statues and even a few 1:2 scale Iron Man and Batman pieces, but nothing is as cool to me as a full life-size statue. I've got 6 and no room for any more, but I could easily have a double or triple that if I had the space and $$$.