Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #1001
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Sideshow has raised thier game considerably over the last 12-16 months so past mistakes don't mean anything to me. Its thier current and future pieces that I am interested in and I have more confidence in Sideshow right now than I have ever had in the past. In fact, I consider 2016 to be thier best year to date. And I think this Predator looks FAR better than just ok. So we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. Is it perfect? Nope, but I still think ts an amazing piece and spending an extra $1000-$1500+ so I could get a version from XM that might be a little bit better...well, definitely wouldn't be worth it in my book. I would definitely be sticking with Sideshow on this one. There have only been 4-5 XM pieces to date that truly impressed me to the point where I would pay the money required to get them.
Far from it, 2016 if anything is the year they basically got passed by in my book. P1, XM, Coolprops, Chronicle, and a few others all have better looking stuff. All I see from SS is same old art direction and inaccuracies with prices going up every couple months.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:52 AM   #1002
zombini
Fantastic Four

I know that this is said a million times already but it does say in the description:

"Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance."

be kind. I'm new here.
zombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:02 AM   #1003
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
I know that this is said a million times already but it does say in the description:

"Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance."

be kind. I'm new here.
That is a nice dream. Sideshow has shown time and again that once it is revealed, there is little to no chance that anything will be changed. In fact, in the case of the Wolf LSF, they could actually make it more inaccurate than the prototype (leg netting). If they changed anything on this Jungle Hunter at this point, it would be very out of character.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:12 AM   #1004
zombini
Fantastic Four

Well, a glimmer of hope is better than no hope at all. Anyways, I lke the pose of this one. It's almost like that scene after he gets out of the water and scans/looks for Ahnold. I would definitely be displaying this with the helmet on. slightly sideways.
zombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:37 AM   #1005
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
Well, a glimmer of hope is better than no hope at all. Anyways, I lke the pose of this one. It's almost like that scene after he gets out of the water and scans/looks for Ahnold. I would definitely be displaying this with the helmet on. slightly sideways.
Yeah agreed, it will look great.

For the rest that are upset, I say you got nothing left to live for.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:42 AM   #1006
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

I love to watch the people who get upset that there are people here who don't agree with their opinion of a piece. I live just to see you guys get butt hurt.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #1007
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

'Final product may differ' is basiclly saying what you receive won't look as good as the, professionally painted, prototype.
Rule of thumb: If you don't like the proto you're gonna hate the production version.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:21 AM   #1008
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
I love to watch the people who get upset that there are people here who don't agree with their opinion of a piece. I live just to see you guys get butt hurt.
You love that? Do you love pulling the legs off ants also?
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:27 AM   #1009
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Pulling the legs off of ants wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as watching people get worked up over a difference of opinion.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #1010
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Isn't anybody getting tired of these recycled poses? Where is the creativity? Doesn't it dawn on sideshow that the art work in the industry is evolving? Is it a wonder that XM, and other companies following suit, that their sculptures from top down are innovative, and fresh. Their designs capture your attention.

I love when sideshow thinks outside of the box with some of their pieces. But for the majority of their products, its standardized, plain looking and stale. My jaw should be dropping at the sight of the sculpture, not the price.
Totally 100% agree Dark. And I have been saying it for like the past 5 - 7 years. It's not like SS can't do it...they are just too safe.

But look what happens when SS does do unique and creative poses...they turn out stunners like the new Action Pose Deadpool. How dynamic and fresh a pose it is. The landing SS Hulk Comiquette IMO is the best and most exciting Hulk they have done to day. You can feel the power and the heft of Hulk landing from a jump. What a fresh pose!

These same old boring Predator poses is what is stale, especially when paying $1300 dollars....$1400 after taxes and shipping (unless you got some reward points saved up). Now this is taking nothing away from this Predator sculpt. It looks great, but a little more dynamism and creative poses would be welcome.

AND STOP DOING THE SAME OLD CHARACTERS PLEASE!! How about a Berserker Predator? Tracker? Celtic? Anything but Predator 1 and Predator 2.

Damn!!! Do an elder Predator for goodness sake!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote