Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #101
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
That is a shame.

I get the impression the new owners are great when it comes to business, doing deals, sourcing factories, and doing what they can to do the right thing, and deliver on time. The art side, is possibly their weakness, as from what i can tell, they appear to be at the mercy of freelance sculptors, the kind of guy's you find on ArtStation. Someone like Jerry, possibly is the guy to bridge that gap. With the new PCS pieces, i don't sense much effort, thought, being put into poses. That said, the new PCS Chun-Li has a great pose, although portrait fails to look Asian. Someone at PCS failed to spot that?
People have different preferences, I like the portrait just fine and despite the fact that I have no interest in the swimsuit line that statue looks so good I'm actually interested in picking it up ;p And I believe that was the original plan with Jerry to stay on as art director however some issues arose.

Note some of this hearsay and the rest is assertions by the new owners so I can't guarantee it's valid. But I assume that when Jerry sold them the company he told them it was in good standing with no debts but in reality there was a ton of people waiting on refunds that never got them or never asked cause they knew people weren't getting them (this is just hearsay/assumption).

The new owners assert that he essentially ran away with the refund money. Wlvn posted a screenshot of an email they sent (and this isn't the only time they sent this sort of message out)

They have also previously mentioned (and recently reiterated it when the piece was cancelled a week or so ago) that he is holding onto the Shao Kahn on throne prototype and isn't releasing it. If there is litigation going on I assume this is part of it. The new owners also worked out a deal with SS that saw them take over distribution for them and I'm not sure of the specifics but also it meant they were supposed handle refunds as well. This was originally supposed to be cash (this is not hearsay or an assumption, it was originally going to refund in cash not credit). However I assume that once this offer came up the flood gates opened and all those orders people were not cancelling (due to refunds not going through at all) saw this as a chance to get their money out and SS realized that it's much worse then they originally signed up for (this is my assumption/hear say). There was a few weeks of radio silence from SS they released a notice saying they would be doing credit for any payments sent to PCS and only cash for ones going forward where money was sent to SS (they even mentioned that they spoke to their lawyer about doing this I assume as a warning not to try and test them) and if you wanted cash instead of credit for that stuff you can ask PCS themselves (in which PCS now says they can't really help you go to SS and get credit/this litigation notice). I doubt PCS liked this but it was probably a "I have altered the deal, pray I don't alter it further" ultimatum from SS and PCS was probably in no position to resist (again this is my assumption).

So basically it is extremely unlikely any of this is going to happen :P Either the current owners are suing Jerry (and potentially vice versa) or they are just saying they are and talking a lot of ---- about him. Either way neither side is likely going to be stoked about working with each other.

I've met Ant in person and he was a very nice guy and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, however people can always be nice in person but actually turn out to be a dick/thief. For me PCS hasn't done me wrong and in general I like their products so I don't mind getting stuff if I like it. I still even get SS pieces every now and again even though they screwed me once (almost twice although they fixed it and made it look like they were doing me a favor).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #102
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
People have different preferences, I like the portrait just fine and despite the fact that I have no interest in the swimsuit line that statue looks so good I'm actually interested in picking it up ;p And I believe that was the original plan with Jerry to stay on as art director however some issues arose.

Note some of this hearsay and the rest is assertions by the new owners so I can't guarantee it's valid. But I assume that when Jerry sold them the company he told them it was in good standing with no debts but in reality there was a ton of people waiting on refunds that never got them or never asked cause they knew people weren't getting them (this is just hearsay/assumption).

The new owners assert that he essentially ran away with the refund money. Wlvn posted a screenshot of an email they sent (and this isn't the only time they sent this sort of message out)

They have also previously mentioned (and recently reiterated it when the piece was cancelled a week or so ago) that he is holding onto the Shao Kahn on throne prototype and isn't releasing it. If there is litigation going on I assume this is part of it.

So basically it is extremely unlikely any of this is going to happen :P Either the current owners are suing Jerry (and potentially vice versa) or they are just saying they are and talking a lot of ---- about him. Either way neither side is likely going to be stoked about working with each other.

I've met Ant in person and he was a very nice guy and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, however people can always be nice in person but actually turn out to be a dick/thief. For me PCS hasn't done me wrong and in general I like their products so I don't mind getting stuff if I like it. I still even get SS pieces every now and again even though they screwed me once (almost twice although they fixed it and made it look like they were doing me a favor).
I think Ant has had good intentions all along. Thanks to Ant, Mileena 1/3 and Chun-Li 1/3 turned out as great as they did (from a factory perspective).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #103
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I think Ant has had good intentions all along. Thanks to Ant, Mileena 1/3 and Chun-Li 1/3 turned out as great as they did (from a factory perspective).
I'd say the best thing Ant has done for his customers is get it set up so at least they can get credit with that deal with SS. Though of course it's good for him too as if they didn't there was a fair chance the company would just go under. Of course there are people left without credit or cash(cause they took a different route) and are extremely unhappy, or some who can take credit but don't want it so they are also unhappy. But still.. coulda potentially been much worse ;p Also Ant is only part owner, he's 50/50 with the other guy I think but Ant is just the more public face. So I'm sure any thanks (or blame) go to them equally.

Production seems to be going quite good though yes. My 1:3 dredd also came out quite well, really everything has been pretty good in general other then some missteps (weathering on bison).
Old 03-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #104
Foxgod
Justice League

i am getting this chunni!
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:28 PM   #105
actionjackson83
Midnighter

bull---- i cannot get credit from SS because the poison statue I sent back in september 2018 for damage has gone back and forth with SS customer service and PCS ownership and it's still not resolved yet both sides keep pointing the finger at each other.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #106
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
bull---- i cannot get credit from SS because the poison statue I sent back in september 2018 for damage has gone back and forth with SS customer service and PCS ownership and it's still not resolved yet both sides keep pointing the finger at each other.
I haven't asked for credit for a while but I did receive it with some things that I had issues with. In the past the only issues I've seen where credit was a problem was.

1) It was a refund owed prior to the SS deal, either due to refund request or a return of some sort like yours.

2) A credit was offered and the person wanted cash instead, at that point even if they changed their mind it seems like SS washed their hands of it.

However in some cases I have heard reaching out to Mark (the other owner) has helped people sometimes? Never done so myself so I cannot say if that really works. I had my Ken come damaged from SS and I returned it and received credit for what I paid PCS and cash for what I paid SS.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:10 PM   #107
craigcliff1
Zot

From PCS CG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chuns.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	129399  
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #108
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
From PCS CG
So they're going with three versions now - Blue, Red and Morrigan
I want to see the head to toe (including the base) image showing Blue
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:57 PM   #109
craigcliff1
Zot

Lee MOD on Group stated he thinks there going to be a Morrigan variant
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:03 PM   #110
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

well I'm going to order the regular Chun Version when pre-orders go live. Seems to be a great piece after I saw the Morrigan Version upfront on insta
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote