Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 08:01 PM   #41
risingstar
Jedi Order

I share a YouTube channel with other reviewers where we've been blessed to have interviewed statue company owners and art directors (i.e., from XM Studios, Kinetiquette, Iron Studios, Figurama, etc) as well as interviewed some of the best digital sculptors in the industry today. It's a shame that we cannot share links to these awesome interviews which typically feature behind the scenes news, upcoming projects, and amazing previews. We have some pretty cool shows lined up too.

I may not agree with the present philosophy at the forum but I will respect it and will share links to our program elsewhere.

P.S. I will continue to contribute written reviews with pics in the reviews section as I have done for many years.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #42
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I may not agree with the present philosophy at the forum but I will respect it and will share links to our program elsewhere.
As will I.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #43
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I just found out about this and am pretty disappointed, my channel is tiny, never been monetized has no affiliation with any company, not in it for the money or the subs or the hits.

I literally do the videos for myself and to share out information.

I don't see this as any different than me posting pictures.

As others have said i'll honor the request but all it will do is make me interact with other forums and Facebook more.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #44
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

A better way would be if someone wants to post links here they must add StatueForum on the channel "Info" page under "Links".
Old 03-01-2019, 04:56 PM   #45
French Cancan
Deadman

I don’t really understand this thing: we first enact the law, and then we discuss...
I can understand that SF designates persona non grata the youtubers who don't come on SF for the right reasons, but just because there’s a mangy sheep doesn’t mean you have to slaughter the whole herd.
Why not give an accreditation for the "nice" youtubers - here we have for example Nearmint, Risingstar, Deadghostknight, and I am thinking too at It’s Sisko and her very well appreciated coverage videos - allowing them to continue posting their videos here with a link to the SF Youtube channel...
Or like GrumpyBear said, I don't know, but something not to return to prehistory.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:52 PM   #46
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

To not completely retype what Hellboy and I have already written, I'll try explaining what's going on so far in a bullet format:
  • Attaching links have to be checked now.
  • License owners and manufacturers don't want links to lead to accounts that promote in any way unlicensed products.
  • We cannot check every link and every creator's video files since it would be an endless job.
  • In addition to those type of accounts, there are those that try to use this forum for their personal gain.
  • The easiest way to avoid problems is to use our YouTube Channel.
  • Those videos that are given/lent to us may be taken down whenever the creator wishes.
  • This also creates one place for all members and lurkers to view all types of videos (reviews of art, comics, statues, interviews...)
  • If our account grows so big that it generates money, that money will be given back to the reviewers to enjoy.
  • The creator is allowed to promote his personal site.
  • By us "promoting" the StatueForum YouTube channel and not the specific creator channels, we don't get the heat from license owners such as Disney or WB.

DeadGhostKnight and dechirico7 have joined up as reviewers to help out and donate videos. They are also going to help out with rules and organizing it better.

I know some of you want to share your videos for the right reasons. But, due to a few bad apples (and phone calls that I received), we have to try to fix this.

As we get more details, we will pass it along.

Thank you for all the valuable input!
Old 03-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #47
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Happy to be aboard!

We're looking at getting some reviews up on the SF channel as soon as possible and get the ball rolling.

If you are all about sharing your content and sharing is your main motivation in making videos to get people excited about statues and to give people information, then join the family and add your videos to the SF Channel too.

If anyone wants to PM me or talk about anything regarding this, let me know and i can relay information and let you know why i decided to do it.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:57 PM   #48
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I don’t make many videos but I would like to share from time to time.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:28 AM   #49
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Damn this needs to be thought out better. I’m 100% in agreement with admin on not allowing people to gain traffic and make money , promote garbage products for displays or new ways to buy statues . I’ve said it before almost all of you tube guys are in it for themselves ( not you nearmint ) many others are and I don’t like that. I hope there can be common ground as I loved having access to live footage with a push of the button

The making money statement bugs me. How the heck would anyone know true figures of money generation If say the video became a huge hit . I’m sorry this is going to chase people away in a hurry . Whats next ? New rules on posting pictures ? I would never ever give my video rights away period!!! It’s mine
Old 03-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #50
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

I know it stinks. I'm the first to enjoy a good video. But, I'm not calling myself questioning links, manufacturers and license owners are. Hence why I posted something here to see what ideas can be made aside from what we discussed with these companies.
Vent away and say it sucks but if you have an idea, throw it on here because telling them (Disney, WB) it sucks won't be an optional solution. I have given my number to some reviewers and just about all have called to share ideas with us. A lot of us spend a ton of time here daily. If you want to help, brainstorm for possible, realistic solutions/options.
In addition, GrumpyBear had an idea which may end up as some type of approval list and it would be up to everyone to make sure they are on the up and up.

Last edited by d rod; 03-03-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Closed Thread