Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #51
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
We will delete the links without notice or warning and may ban you as well. This forum is not for you to send traffic to your site and/or monetize your site or your friend's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Statue Forum is just looking to build a YouTube channel
Lol, pretty clear the motive.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #52
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

CWalker, you haven't been here 3 months and that's your take? Damn, nothing gets by you, CSI.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #53
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Damn this needs to be thought out better. I’m 100% in agreement with admin on not allowing people to gain traffic and make money , promote garbage products for displays or new ways to buy statues . I’ve said it before almost all of you tube guys are in it for themselves ( not you nearmint ) many others are and I don’t like that. I hope there can be common ground as I loved having access to live footage with a push of the button

The making money statement bugs me. How the heck would anyone know true figures of money generation If say the video became a huge hit . I’m sorry this is going to chase people away in a hurry . Whats next ? New rules on posting pictures ? I would never ever give my video rights away period!!! It’s mine
The sad fact is there are a lot of reviewers out there who are doing it to get the views, to get the subs, to get the donations, sell the merch and to get the free stuff from companies.

If you are here to just share the videos then all you have to do is upload it to your channel, post it around everywhere else like you usually do...then if you want to you can send one to SF to upload to their channel, if you want you can promote your channel on the video too.

Your video is seen by more people and it's archived here, you can start a review thread about that video....and if you want them all taken down from the SF channel in the future no problem.....there's no hidden catch here, just ideas of how this can be achieved and that's the solution at the moment and that's with a few days of thinking.

Like GrumpBear and d_rod have suggested maybe we have a list of pre-approved reviewers who can post their videos here still....it's all baby steps at the moment.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #54
nearmint
Phoenix

Posting photos has not been banned, even though a small % of pics might be of fan art.

Posting new threads without mod approval has not been banned, even though a small % of new threads could be about fan art pieces.

Only YouTube links have been banned. It was said earlier that mods don’t have the time to search out YouTube links and verify they aren’t promoting fan art. Well, that moderation is already happening for photos and threads. Why are YouTube links being treated differently?

Finally, what is wrong with someone who puts in the time and effort to create content seeking out clicks and subs? Wanting to build an audience to view that content should not be frowned upon. I feel like an effort is being made, unfairly, to cast that effort in a negative light. More eyes on our hobby is a good thing.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #55
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Posting photos has not been banned, even though a small % of pics might be of fan art.

Posting new threads without mod approval has not been banned, even though a small % of new threads could be about fan art pieces.

Only YouTube links have been banned. It was said earlier that mods don’t have the time to search out YouTube links and verify they aren’t promoting fan art. Well, that moderation is already happening for photos and threads. Why are YouTube links being treated differently?

Finally, what is wrong with someone who puts in the time and effort to create content seeking out clicks and subs? Wanting to build an audience to view that content should not be frowned upon. I feel like an effort is being made, unfairly, to cast that effort in a negative light. More eyes on our hobby is a good thing.
As i said above it's more about a few people wanting to do things for the wrong reasons and the content on their channels.

I see you like me man, just wanting to share stuff out, i gotta say i'm not in it for the views or the subs....i really don't care....my main motivation is to share and give any information and help people out in the hobby, if my video reaches 1 person who says "wow i never knew about this i just picked it up" then that's all i need...that's more rewarding to my efforts than building up those subs.

And like I've said above things are still being sorted out, i'd love for us to get to the point where we can have people like you posting their videos with no problems, but it's not possible at the moment....but hopefully we can get to a good solution.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #56
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Shouldn't the focal point here be informing the forum as a community to be mindful of the types of videos that shouldn't be allowed on the forum, like unlicensed pieces, so we can help you monitor that negative side?

I'm not on the forum as much as I used to and much more selective with my collecting these days, but one of the main reasons is to see early in-hand pics and videos of new pieces to make a more informed decision over prototype pictures that rarely match the produced article. I don't know the solution, but it would be a shame to lose such a significant part of the forum as a result of this change, especially as a result of a few bad eggs showcasing unlicensed properties.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:06 AM   #57
AC_808
Hercules

Good point, Colossal. I was going to say the same thing.

Since having the Mods view all youtube videos to make sure it's following the rules is too much work, then it would be a better to have the community report illegal youtube videos. Admin just needs to provide a way for the community to report illegal youtube videos ...or links to illegal youtube videos.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #58
M United
The Spirit

What a shame i love people posting youtube reviews.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #59
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I must be missing something.

Before this change, you could post a YouTube video link here on SF which allows traffic to be generated for your video and channel. All rights of editing and ownership for your video is within your control.

After this change, you can post a YouTube video link here on SF which allows traffic to be generated for your video and channel. All rights of editing and ownership for your video is within your control.

The only change is the addition of a copy of the video within the SF library. You still own all rights to your video. You can change it. You can delete it. You can brand the video with your channel, etc. So now you have all the benefits from before, but you also can gain exposure of your video via the SF library which means you have MORE chances that someone could view your video (either through the posted link or via the library).

I get it, this is something new but it feels that people are crying chicken little without real negative impact to those who have YT channels. SF is popular for a reason. The owners and mods work really hard to keep the forum running in a manner that will keep us in good standing with all the major companies out there. We are the biggest site and the big companies know it and watch us. Because of this (and because it is the right way to run a site), we have to be especially vigilant of content here and that includes what is linked too. We have to make the decisions that protect the site while continuing to make it a great place to geek out on comic related topics, statues most specifically.

How about this? You want to post a YT link? Why not give this a try and see how it goes? I just don’t see any negative impact to your channels. I see it the opposite way – as the SF YT channel grows, the top contributors might get more traffic.

This isn’t a move to control you channel, rather look at it as an opportunity to build a partnership where SF can potentially build viewership and partner together.

Who is willing to give it a chance?

CAF

Last edited by JadeGiant; 03-08-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #60
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I must be missing something.

Before this change, you could post a YouTube video link here on SF which allows traffic to be generated for your video and channel. All rights of editing and ownership for your video is within your control.

After this change, you can post a YouTube video link here on SF which allows traffic to be generated for your video and channel. All rights of editing and ownership for your video is within your control.

The only change is the addition of a copy of the video within the SF library.
If you're understanding it correctly, then the policy makes no sense at all. My understanding is that only links to Statue Forum's youtube channel will be allowed.

If I can still post links to my youtube channel, then what was all that talk about Disney and WB calling d rod and putting him in thumbscrews about allowing links to youtube channels that may or may not review or support fan made pieces?

If that didn't really happen, then the justification for this new policy falls apart completely.
Closed Thread