Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #281
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
When all is said and done I am glad I got her, thanks to the redo. It was really the last game I played in earnest.... now I am just old Level52 worked on her.
Wow you got Level52 to do that?!? That is something.
For sure I'd still want my statue if it looked like yours.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #282
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I gave up on the game after failing on the level that takes place in a type of arena, where wave after wave of enemies jump in. It goes on for far too long, the constant button stabbing becomes a chore. Poor game design.

HMO still have Nariko for sale. Some sellers are asking more than HMO are selling at

I've been tempted many times, but held off. If i knew of a talented painter in the UK, then i'd be tempted to buy Nariko and have the portrait re painted. I could attempt it myself, but i probably don't have the skills (i wouldn't be happy with the results).
Oh jeez, I would never attempt to paint a face. Though honestly I doubt I could paint a shoe, so....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:04 PM   #283
ukshaun
Hercules

Messing around with Photoshop. Seeing what how the paint app could make the piece look closer to the arcade game.
Darker eye-browse, black around the eye's including eye lids, and larger lips all add up to an improvement. A dark wash under the eye's might help also.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #284
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I feel like every review on Youtube of this piece HMO obviously sent it them because, most reviewers have 2 of them which a lto fo them would never buy 2 of anything never mind a HS statue and no one knows anything about the game. Add to that they all give her glowing reviews lol....

SDGuys repaint shows what could have and should have been done with her.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #285
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I feel like every review on Youtube of this piece HMO obviously sent it them because, most reviewers have 2 of them which a lto fo them would never buy 2 of anything never mind a HS statue and no one knows anything about the game. Add to that they all give her glowing reviews lol....

SDGuys repaint shows what could have and should have been done with her.
SDGuys paint app looks good. I think he made the iris's too small. The large iris size HMO got right.

It's a piece i never picked up, but might in the future. The price's on ebay tend to be the same or lower than the original price.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:40 PM   #286
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
SDGuys paint app looks good. I think he made the iris's too small. The large iris size HMO got right.

It's a piece i never picked up, but might in the future. The price's on ebay tend to be the same or lower than the original price.
Lower you say? I will look into this then, thanks for the heads up.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #287
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

You can get it on ebay for about £200-300 ( $265-350 ) but it 100% needs the face repaint.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #288
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
You can get it on ebay for about £200-300 ( $265-350 ) but it 100% needs the face repaint.
I agree. Need to get that sorted as well before buying.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:50 AM   #289
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

Messing around with Photoshop. Seeing what how the paint app could make the piece look closer to the arcade game.
Darker eye-browse, black around the eye's including eye lids, and larger lips all add up to an improvement. A dark wash under the eye's might help also.
Looks more like the Night Warriors from WoW - eye colouring is far too dark from the image you provided.
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #290
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirawynter View Post
Looks more like the Night Warriors from WoW - eye colouring is far too dark from the image you provided.
The image represents a quick mock-up, to give an idea, should i pick up Nariko and attempt a repaint of the eye and mouth area's.
The lip size appears to have been sculpted correctly. The factory paint app to the lips gives an illusion of thin mean lips, which isn't how Nariko's lips should look.

Cossplayer's appear to apply black around the eye's. I could never workout why the factory paint app failed to do so.

The space between the eyebrowse should be wider also.

A thin black line works well, with shaded eye lips.