Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-17-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Shoo
The Enchantress

Queen Studios: Zombie Shark

Only a Facebook video so far.

Alternatively, you can stream it or download it here.

Quote:
The Zombie Shark (Work in Progress)
The ancient sea, hiding infinite treasures and curses. It is here where darkness and light coexist. There is no right or wrong, only life and death.

For generations, adventurers have tried to unlock the secrets of the depths in search of infinite treasure and eternal life. They say many have traded their lives and their souls for what lies beneath, but no champions have emerged.

Yet, there is one that has roamed the depths for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Hiding in the darkness where no creature dare go. This creature kills without mercy but has no need for its prey. Festering at the bottom of the sea. Not fully alive, but not dead. Here lies the Zombie Shark!

Concept and Design

The design of the Great White Shark was inspired by the curse of the undead and the zombie horror genre. From the concept art stage, we've gone through many revisions and changes. We’ve taken inspiration from hundreds of photos, movies and documentaries before settling on the final story and design.

Production and Modelling
For the production of the physical model, we adopted a new process. Differing from the traditional process of manual engraving and sculpting, we have used SLA rapid prototyping. SLA prototyping is a 3D printing technology that allows us to accurately print 3D design drawings more efficiently. This type of printing is complicated and challenging, but we’ve been blown away by the results!

Colouring
As well as upgrading the model making process, we’ve also made some changes to the painting process. Instead of using a 4-colour colouring (the original method), we’re now using 6-colour colouring technology. This method also comes with its challenges, but the richness of colour is really eye-popping.

Life Series
The Zombie Shark is our latest addition to the life series and a completely different style to our other sculptures. We’re hoping that the story of the Zombie Shark will be the first of many creative wildlife pieces that will capture your imagination as it has ours
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
daz1999
Mephisto

I’d buy an unzombiefied white shark , hoping infinity Studio do a full bodied Great white
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really like this...Very cool design
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

Some time ago Radd Titan made some hilarious comments about this piece. They involved something along the lines of:
'..do sharks have rib-cages? ..i don't think so ..maybe that's why it died?'

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
Shoo
The Enchantress

Video by RaddTitan on YouTube. Search for "Queen Studios booth @ NYCC2019"

Zombie Shark at 1'52".
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz1999 View Post
I’d buy an unzombiefied white shark , hoping infinity Studio do a full bodied Great white
A hyper accurate white shark would be amazing.
I'm not sure who zombie shark is aimed at?
..i guess there are fans of such things out there
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote