Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 11-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #2851
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Love their work. I really hope to track down a Modern Nova one of these days without paying an obscene amount.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:05 PM   #2852
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Picked up this guy today at LCB. Great piece.

Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:05 PM   #2853
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Picked up this guy today at LCB. Great piece.

Congrats Quilon! It's a fantastic looking Spidey statue. If I didn't already own the Koto Fine Arts Spidey, I definitely would have picked this up for my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:57 AM   #2854
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:26 AM   #2855
Jatz
Fantastic Four

Received this yesterday. Love Spidey creeping in the back.

Jatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #2856
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Very nice! That actually looks a lot better in your pictures than most others. Nice touch with Spidey too... I have the Spidey Bowen where he is leaping over some brick and the venom face is on the other side of that one, and it just doesn't work nearly as well.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #2857
Jatz
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Very nice! That actually looks a lot better in your pictures than most others. Nice touch with Spidey too... I have the Spidey Bowen where he is leaping over some brick and the venom face is on the other side of that one, and it just doesn't work nearly as well.
Thanks! Glad to see an iPhone camera can do these statues justice. :P

I have seen that Spidey. I had my eye on that one, but the sculpt for Venom and the bricks around him aren't the best. Not sure on many action Spidey's, besides the Koto one.
Jatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #2858
lultron
Doh!

New Bowen collector here with my first pickups after recently selling off most of my 1/4 scale mixed media pieces. I don't think there's any comparison in terms of the initial "wow factor" but I found I reached the point where I was buying stuff just to impress people who came over and overcrowding my living space in the process. Once I started noticing some leaning/fabric deterioration issues as well I decided to make the switch.

Very pleased so far with this decision. Easy to display, well made, and truer to the source material. I plan on putting together a shelf of my favorite A & B-list superheroes, then do the same thing with the villains, and then start assembling teams from there. I may get some mini busts to compliment the FS pieces but there seems to be a huge range in quality with those so will be pretty selective. Also thinking about picking up some Pulaski curio cabinets as they seem to be almost tailor-made for 12-15 inch statues. Should be fun. Cheers.

lultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #2859
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lultron View Post
New Bowen collector here with my first pickups after recently selling off most of my 1/4 scale mixed media pieces. I don't think there's any comparison in terms of the initial "wow factor" but I found I reached the point where I was buying stuff just to impress people who came over and overcrowding my living space in the process. Once I started noticing some leaning/fabric deterioration issues as well I decided to make the switch.

Very pleased so far with this decision. Easy to display, well made, and truer to the source material. I plan on putting together a shelf of my favorite A & B-list superheroes, then do the same thing with the villains, and then start assembling teams from there. I may get some mini busts to compliment the FS pieces but there seems to be a huge range in quality with those so will be pretty selective. Also thinking about picking up some Pulaski curio cabinets as they seem to be almost tailor-made for 12-15 inch statues. Should be fun. Cheers.

Welcome to the board lultron...and the Bowen side of things. Great start...that Wolverine's still on my list to get. Highly recommend going down the bust path, some great ones there too. Some even better than their FS counterparts...imo anyway.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #2860
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lultron View Post

Very pleased so far with this decision. Easy to display, well made, and truer to the source material.
I plan on putting together a shelf of my favorite A & B-list superheroes, then do the same thing with the villains, and then start assembling teams from there. I may get some mini busts to compliment the FS pieces but there seems to be a huge range in quality with those so will be pretty selective. Also thinking about picking up some Pulaski curio cabinets as they seem to be almost tailor-made for 12-15 inch statues. Should be fun. Cheers.

That's Bowen to a "T".

Welcome Lultron. Nice start for sure.