Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-04-2017, 05:05 PM   #281
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Something to consider is as the popularity of 3D fades the discs will become more expensive and eventually they may stop being produced altogether.
I think thats whats happening now, prices are slowly climbing, availability is decreasing...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #282
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I really like 3D movies I hope they stick around, but if they are going to be priced like this maybe its better they just die off. I like the 3D on my 65" 4K tv better than the 3D in movie theatres, you get the affect better I think, it makes movies really trippy and fun to watch lol which is why I like it. Not all 3D is created equal, some movies are much better, the best ones i've seen for 3D are force awakens, rogue one, and the hobbit trilogy and i've watched a lot of 3D movies
The price increase on the steelbook, over Rogue One's at least is due to the inclusion of a 4K version. I too like home 3D, but as someone who's not swt up for 4K the extra $10 out of my pocket irritates the ---- out of me.

I am going to cap my steelbook/physical media purchasing with Avengers 4, only 4 more films iirc.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:41 AM   #283
built2shred
Phoenix

I finally got around to seeing this, one advantage of waiting so long to see it, no crowds

When the movie started with the whole monster fight and then the guy riding the egg in outer space, seemed really cheesy, but then I started to crack a smile when Rocket was using his traps on the bad guys, then when they were trying to get Groot to get the fin I was laughing my @ss off, especially when he brought back the severed toe... Then when he did the Pac-Man with the rocks, I know it was stupid but I couldn't help but laugh... I will say this for the movie, it had heart... I defiantly plan on buying the Blu-ray when it comes out..

I know they used a lot of CGI in this movie but given it's in outer space, it wouldn't be to practical to shoot it on location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I really like 3D movies I hope they stick around, but if they are going to be priced like this maybe its better they just die off. I like the 3D on my 65" 4K tv better than the 3D in movie theatres, you get the affect better I think, it makes movies really trippy and fun to watch lol which is why I like it. Not all 3D is created equal, some movies are much better, the best ones i've seen for 3D are force awakens, rogue one, and the hobbit trilogy and i've watched a lot of 3D movies
I'm not a fan of 3D, My friend has a setup at home but every time I watch his 3D movies it starts to give me a headache, not to mention the heavy glasses become uncomfortable after awhile.. 3D has always been a gimmick that comes around every 10-15 years... It does seem to be dying some in the home markets as I don't see the big push for 3D TV's like they were doing 3-4 years ago, but there still pushing the 3D at the theaters as they can score more money with more expensive tickets since you need the glasses.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote