Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 AM   #241
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I do have a problem with Aquaman whooping like a cowboy and using colloquial with Batman ("Dressed like a bat. I can dig it."). It's just out of character.

That said, I agree with the comments about jokester/idiot Thor. I don't understand how fanboys (like me) are comfortable with this (I'm not). Thor has always been a serious, moody and even savage warrior. They captured Cap's boyscout personality and it works in the MCU. Why not the same with Thor? I'll admit he's one of my favorite characters and I'm just glad to see him on screen. Maybe I'll feel this way when I see Aquaman in JL but, right now, his depiction makes me wince.
I can see the conflict there my friend, enjoying the movie Thor but still wishing the bolts were tightened a little to keep him in line with what we know and love.

The Thor/Aquaman dynamic is very pertinent in this argument. Both regal warriors, both possibly outdated in the eyes of the discerning modern comic reader, both changed somewhat to appeal to cinema goers.

However I have faith that Moama will do a good job, and from what I read about James Wan's upcoming film, he's staying very close to source material, with a lot of the new Johns stuff thrown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Its that Marvel comic relief boys, without it everyone outside the comic forums would be laughing at Thor instead of with Thor.
I totally agree, a comic Thor would not have had the same resonance with fans that the current Thor does.

I do think there is a middle ground though, they proved that with Thor 1, he was regal and a warrior without being so...dense. However I still enjoy Thor in the movies, so I guess comic accuracy isn't as important to me as it used to be.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:18 AM   #242
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
I think Drax's depiction is moronic. Can't stand his MCU buffoonery. Such a departure from the character that he's unrecognizable.
I haven't read any Guardians of The Galaxy comics yet so i don't know the comics Drax but i really like the film Drax. Yeah, he's morornic, stupid, idiotic you name it but not in a bad way, if you ask me so i disagree. I find it so funny.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #243
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Japanese trailer has Dr. Strange!!

https://www.newsarama.com/35993-doct...l-trailer.html
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #244
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #245
Nebulhym
The X-Men

I don't know...the more trailers i see, the less I like this.

It looks more and more like HULK: RAGNAROK instead of Thor.

All we see is Thor getting beatings left and right while Hulk fighting the coolest enemies (Fenrir and Surtur). Thor's only heroic feat is firing with a rifle a some minions...Really?!?!

I hope the final cut is completely different and that i am 100% wrong because otherwise, it might be the biggest misinterpretation of a character ever!

(Can you tell Thor is my favorite character? lol)
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #246
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It's funny I'm the exact opposite. The more I see of this film the more excited I get.

Outside of the humor, which I'm still not convinced won't be out of control, I love the look & feel. It has returned to the Flash Gordon vibe I loved so much in the first film.

It also has what appears to be a formidable, well developed villain in Hela which will be refreshing given that's generally the weakest aspect of the MCU.

I'm also excited to see the Hulk finally being fleshed out a bit more. IMO he's been the most neglected member of The Avengers and I don't mind if this film feels more like a Marvel Team-Up film than a standalone Thor entry.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #247
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It's funny I'm the exact opposite. The more I see of this film the more excited I get.

Outside of the humor, which I'm still not convinced won't be out of control, I love the look & feel. It has returned to the Flash Gordon vibe I loved so much in the first film.

It also has what appears to be a formidable, well developed villain in Hela which will be refreshing given that's generally the weakest aspect of the MCU.

I'm also excited to see the Hulk finally being fleshed out a bit more. IMO he's been the most neglected member of The Avengers and I don't mind if this film feels more like a Marvel Team-Up film than a standalone Thor entry.
Oh i am sure the film will be fun and very well done. But will Thor's portrait be flattering to the character?

I also love the flash Gordon style, that's a great point!

I just hope we Thor fans will get the real Thor and not the wimpy buffoon they are showing him to be.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #248
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Yes to this

I don't think they are going to short change Thor either. I am really excited about this movie for sure!!!!!
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:46 AM   #249
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Yes to this

I don't think they are going to short change Thor either. I am really excited about this movie for sure!!!!!
Same!!!!!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #250
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

They had some costumes and weapon props at Fan Expo this weekend. Was hoping to see Hulk's helmet but they just had his axe and hammer which were still cool: http://www.incrediblehulk.me/2017/09...from-fan-expo/
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote