Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #11
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

That's pretty awesome. If I kept Arthas and never began COTD, I'd get this.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #12
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

If Overthrown quality -> yes
If Arthas or Diablo quality -> nope
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #13
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
If Overthrown quality -> yes
If Arthas or Diablo quality -> nope
I do not have the Diablo one, but what was so bad with Arthas, minus the cutoff cape issue?

With all of the QC talk been going around about SS, I personally think their Blizzard IP stuff has turned out pretty well.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Mostly, Arthas is ultra fragile. Everything except the base felt cheap to me, the damn spikes on his armor break off so easly that you can hardly take him out of the box. The cape chips very very easily too. PVC body and hair, plus the sword and helm. A light up in the base would have been awesome and it's not hard engineering, but they went with the crappy light up in eyes and sword, that anyway stopped working after a few weeks to 95% of the people, lol.

A single axe of the Overthrown is denser and harder than the whole body of Arthas honestly. Also, perk: the most retarded design and packaging ever, with a sculpted cape attached to the body (!) and packaged with the body SITTING ON IT.
No sorry, as good as it may look once assembled (and Arthas looked good overall), that statue felt so damn cheap.

Diablo is just a more of the same. Way too small for its price and fragile. At least the light up was good.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #15
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Cant argue those.

Yea, Arthas was my lesson in fragility.

But in the end, I enjoy looking at the piece. So I doubt I would have trouble enjoying this one. Now the long wait to see production pieces. ha.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

are they ever going to put death wing out though?
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Mostly, Arthas is ultra fragile. Everything except the base felt cheap to me, the damn spikes on his armor break off so easly that you can hardly take him out of the box. The cape chips very very easily too. PVC body and hair, plus the sword and helm. A light up in the base would have been awesome and it's not hard engineering, but they went with the crappy light up in eyes and sword, that anyway stopped working after a few weeks to 95% of the people, lol.

A single axe of the Overthrown is denser and harder than the whole body of Arthas honestly. Also, perk: the most retarded design and packaging ever, with a sculpted cape attached to the body (!) and packaged with the body SITTING ON IT.
No sorry, as good as it may look once assembled (and Arthas looked good overall), that statue felt so damn cheap.

Diablo is just a more of the same. Way too small for its price and fragile. At least the light up was good.

It's so easy to do yourself, bottom comes off easy and you just wire in the LEDs. I even added a power point on mine so i can have him on all the time.

Yes that light up should have been there originally but i can't knock the statue because of it.

Arthas is a fantastic statue, the details are insane and he's pretty damn solid.

I never understood the fragility thing, all the spikey bits, crown and sword are all packed separate. As long as the cape is packed out properly he's fine.

If you get an unbroken one, he's a keeper imo, one of my faves.

Edit : Also i got mine 2nd hand so he survived at least two shipping trips haha.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #18
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I guess it is Q4 this year? None of the pictures show the entire card :/

I think I will order this one. I have the Diablo overthrown, will most likely order Kerrigan and now this one from Warcraft. One from each of Blizzard's biggest games
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
TheStig88
The X-Men

Should totally hold out for Deathwing if you're only doing one rep for each franchise.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #20
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have never played World of Warcraft, but I used to play Warcraft 3 and TFT many years ago. Deathwing is more impressive, but he was not in the games I used to play. I guess Grommash also will be in 1/5 scale, so he will be the same scale as the others. Most likely much cheaper than Deathwing as well.

Plus, I want an Orc to represent Warcraft in my collection
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote