Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #1
turner
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Weta - Krampus

KRAMPUS

St Nicholas’ dark shadow is here to bring sorrow to naughty children and their nasty ungrateful families. Behind the sunken, hollow eyes of an old man’s face turned gruesome skin mask, lurks a goat-like monster with cloven hooves, long curved horns and gnarled fingers that reach out and grab.

His patchwork cloak is festooned with chain bells and grime from centuries spent terrorising all those who dare not believe. So what about you? Do you believe in Christmas?

If not, I’d suggest you keep that fire well-stoked.

Sculpted by Lindsey Crummett.

https://www.wetanz.com/krampus-2/

THE CHERUB

Krampus is coming, and he’s left a very special delivery in a grimy sack at the front door. Don’t bring it in because hidden inside are all manner of Christmas beasties, including a cherub who is anything but. This highly detailed collectable was crafted by Weta Workshop sculptor Jane Wenley. Jane worked on aspects of the Cherub puppet used in the film, Krampus’ hooves and the Dark Elf masks. She sculpted this highly detailed piece alongside the actual prop, taking lots of calliper measurements and investigating exactly how the film prop was put together to ensure accuracy and the best possible representation of the character.

Close inspection reveals a cracked face, bloodshot eyes, sharp teeth, beastly eagle talons and clawed feet: details that cut right through this characters cute first appearances. Make no mistake, this not a creature you want to meet in the dark attic on a cold Christmas Eve.

Don’t go up there.

https://www.wetanz.com/the-cherub/

THE DARK ELF

Bolt the doors and block the chimney because Krampus is here, and he’s brought with him his team of happy Christmas Elves. These creepy holiday henchmen take great joy in their work. Giggling and laughing as they wrap and trap their victims in chains and bells.

Crafted by Weta Workshop sculptor Jamie Beswarick this unsettling cloaked character features a plague mask and a rusty bone saw with rubber duckies on its leather strap. And on his belt? A solitary candy cane. But that’s just for nice children. Naughty children better watch out.

Which side of the list are you on?

https://www.wetanz.com/dark-elf-2/
turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
FROBAY
Phoenix

Nice.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #3
travis
A.I.M.

I don't think I will get these...but you can see the Weta quality in those photos...nice indeed
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:07 AM   #4
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I hope we able get to see the movie in the cinema in Belgium but I would only interest in the Krampus statue itself.

Strange that there isn't a price set yet for Krampus statue,does anyone know more ?
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:04 AM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

glad to see somebody is doing something for the movie, they also have a replica bell which I ordered. oddly enough the Angel would be like dead last on my pick of his minions though.

but the more I am able to see his "face" the less I like it. I wish it was either his real demon face, possibly no face at all just total darkness under his hood, a better mask maybe something wooden and more defined and certainly the mask should've had a smile on it instead of the odd open mouth.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #6
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

My wife and I LOVE this movie. We ordered the bells and we are going to get Krampus when hes up for order.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #7
omigeo
Alpha Flight

That KRAMPUS looks awesome!!
But I can see that finger breaking in transit.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
MrYac
Hercules

the Krampus bells that I ordered and totally forgot about have apparently finally shipped. so that should be a neat little box
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:40 PM   #9
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Mine shipped as well.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #10
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Damn, haven't seen that movie yet, wanted to leave it for the Halloween/X-mas time, but the Krampus statue
looks like a perfect statue to put under the x-mas tree. Think I need to watch the movie to be able to justify the purchase. Or I can just treat him as a part of the pagan folklore I guess, and do just the same even though he differs in depiction. Who am I kidding, I want him, and I shall get him. The Cherub is also very cute!
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote