Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #1
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Future Starcraft Statues?

Does anyone know if Blizzard has expressed plans to create more Starcraft statues in the future? Kerrigan produced by SIdeshow is awesome, but I was hoping for some Protoss character at some point. It seems now that the Blizzard license has returned to Blizzard, the prospects of a Starcraft statue seem nonexistent.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #2
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Seeing as this is a purely speculative thread, can I suggest a title change. I genuinely thought this was a piece of news or an announcement.

Something along the lines of "Are there anymore StarCraft Statues planned?"

You've got quite a post count, so you should be aware of the annoyance that is created by threads like these where the title is misleading.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Seeing as this is a purely speculative thread, can I suggest a title change. I genuinely thought this was a piece of news or an announcement.

You've got quite a post count, so you should be aware of the annoyance that is created by threads like these where the title is misleading.
I'd be more than willing to change the thread title, but I do not see that option.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

I thought the same thing...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #5
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

We know nothing of the next blizzard piece as far as I know.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:17 PM   #6
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Does anyone know if Blizzard has expressed plans to create more Starcraft statues in the future? Kerrigan produced by SIdeshow is awesome, but I was hoping for some Protoss character at some point. It seems now that the Blizzard license has returned to Blizzard, the prospects of a Starcraft statue seem nonexistent.
I hear ya Nugchompa. I've been asking around on the forums for quite some time. Looking to see a Protoss such as an Artanus or Zerarul Tassadar Phoenix ETC. I know Kerrigan Did well as Queen of blades but I don't think Jim Raynor or Tychus did so well considering you could buy them forever and they had issues with hosesdrying on and breaking. I am one of them that had hose issues.
Rumors originally went around that When Prime1 posted on their Facebook back in July that they had Blizzard liscense that they might do Starcraft 1/4 scale which would be awesome. There hasn't been anything new on this since and I feel however this was never really a go to begin with.

Now I know Blizzard is making their stuff but they don't really have the type of media team on this kind of stuff to help keep us informed. Jason Brishoff worked for the Gear store for Blizzard you could tweet him @prometheanworks and would would usually respond, however he left blizzard and now works for Saban as a director for global consumer products pretty much promoting Power Rangers none stop.

Brian Fay (who worked on Deathwing Kerrigan and some others with Sideshow, and also with Grom and illidan for Blizzard) is the Senior Sculptor for Blizzard and would probably know. He however is on instagram @fayworks but only post a couple times a year and his Facebook account isn't much about Blizzard. He doesn't respond really to any questions.

Sadley we are left here with just questions and have to wait for BlizzCon every year just for some answers.
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:23 AM   #7
Stormrage927
Doh!

It's almost definitely varian or Sylvanas next. As there are Starcraft statues on the blizz store last I checked
Stormrage927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:38 AM   #8
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Plastic figures dont count as statues

Other than Kerrigan and the old Tychus, what other SC statues are there/would you be referring to?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #9
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Were there two versions of Tychus? I remember the adjustable figure, but no statue. I've been hoping for a Zeratul or Artanis myself.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #10
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Were there two versions of Tychus? I remember the adjustable figure, but no statue. I've been hoping for a Zeratul or Artanis myself.
Yes, Blizzard did make a Tychus statue back in the day. However, it was an employee exclusive and is normally only obtainable thru eBay.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote