Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #11
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
DeadGhostKnight - Thanks for posting about Widowmaker. I know I'm subscribed to the Blizzard Store newsletter but I haven't received any update about this one yet.

I am a bit concerned with this statement on the order page:

"Note: Each statue is hand painted, there may be a slight variance in the final production piece."

It's like some of Sideshow's nonsense. And I'm hoping they get her right the first time and it doesn't take a second version like with Tracer. However, ordering just to be on the safe side.

They'll have to make her mech and I'm very curious how much that will run...
All of their statues say that. Barring the initial release of Tracer, which had issues, all of their statues have come out closely resembling the protos you see in their pictures. Blizzard currently has an excellent track record regarding QC.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #12
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
All of their statues say that. Barring the initial release of Tracer, which had issues, all of their statues have come out closely resembling the protos you see in their pictures. Blizzard currently has an excellent track record regarding QC.
I've only ordered Tracer and I looked back at her page and didn't see that statement. As long as there is no crazy 1st edition vs 2nd edition I'm fine. I managed to get a 2nd edition Tracer thanks to whoever updated her thread here.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #13
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yeah i didn't get any notification on this and i don't think anyone got a warning it was even coming lol.

I only knew because i saw a video on one of my Youtube subs that said it was available now weirdly....

I haven't ordered this one....not really a Windowmaker player and i haven't got $180 kiciking around at the moment, i'd like her just to complete the set and i do appreciate the pricing Blizzard are doing on these. I'll pick her up eventually, like Reaper i think she'll be available for a while yet.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #14
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I have their Arthas, Kerrigan, Illidan, and Grom, no problems at all with any of their quality.

I assume they added that little bit as a precaution from dealing with previous statues.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:20 PM   #15
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Illidan, Grom, Reaper have all been great, only some breakages on Grom and illidan but I've never heard anyone complain about paint issues.

The only paint issues were with the first released Tracers face which wasn't great but they rectified that pretty quick and Tracer also released pretty flawless.

So i wouldn't have any worries with Blizzards quality.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #16
dominicqwek
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I haven't ordered this one....not really a Windowmaker player and i haven't got $180 kiciking around at the moment, i'd like her just to complete the set and i do appreciate the pricing Blizzard are doing on these. I'll pick her up eventually, like Reaper i think she'll be available for a while yet.
I like how you folks understand how great the pricing on these statues are because not everyone who gets these comprehend how competitive these prices are.
dominicqwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #17
Satin
Fantastic Four

Does Blizzard Gear charge right away for their pre-orders? I know the digital games I've pre-ordered were charged right away, but I can't find anything about their Gear stuff.
Satin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #18
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
Does Blizzard Gear charge right away for their pre-orders? I know the digital games I've pre-ordered were charged right away, but I can't find anything about their Gear stuff.
They do. http://gear.blizzard.com/collectibles-faq

I don't know where this page is buried on the site itself, but I managed to find it through google. They didn't charge immediately when I pre-ordered Tracer though, so I wonder when that changed and why.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:37 AM   #19
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
They do. http://gear.blizzard.com/collectibles-faq

I don't know where this page is buried on the site itself, but I managed to find it through google. They didn't charge immediately when I pre-ordered Tracer though, so I wonder when that changed and why.
Did you pre-order Tracer or get on the second run? I believe the second run was in stock at the time of ordering. I don't like the full payment on pre-order since release isn't till 4th Quarter. But hopefully they will get Widowmaker right and there won't be any concerns.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #20
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicqwek View Post
I like how you folks understand how great the pricing on these statues are because not everyone who gets these comprehend how competitive these prices are.
illidan was my first statue/anything from their line or store...$350 for that? my god, i feel like i robbed them
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote