Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 06-30-2017, 03:06 AM   #11
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The only Overwatch statue that's consistently selling out is Tracer. The fact that Blizzard will keep on making these should put to rest anyone worried about not getting one in the near to distant future. I'd rather wait to see inhand photos to see if the quality is worth the $500.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:22 AM   #12
Shonks
Frackin!

Shipping is a lot more this time round too, for Reaper is was only about $20US to Australia which was amazing, Dva is $97US, so its a $550US statue for me... damnit
Shonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:35 AM   #13
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonks View Post
Shipping is a lot more this time round too, for Reaper is was only about $20US to Australia which was amazing, Dva is $97US, so its a $550US statue for me... damnit
See....it would be one thing if this was for a limited statue. Like if you didn't buy it, it will be gone forever. But that's not the case with Blizzard statues. They ALWAYS come back in stock.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:37 AM   #14
dominicqwek
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehollywood View Post
See....it would be one thing if this was for a limited statue. Like if you didn't buy it, it will be gone forever. But that's not the case with Blizzard statues. They ALWAYS come back in stock.
That is correct. These are open editions and will be for a while until they are vaulted.

This piece is enormous and once you see it in person, you'll realize how big it actually is.
dominicqwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #15
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicqwek View Post
That is correct. These are open editions and will be for a while until they are vaulted.

This piece is enormous and once you see it in person, you'll realize how big it actually is.
So you can see size...

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:03 AM   #16
apellica
The Herculoids

Unfortunately, I think this statue is overpriced compared to what they have released in the past. Maybe production values have gone up and we are starting to see new pricing.

Then again, I can't buy every Overwatch statue and I'm just sticking to the characters I'll play and she isn't one of them. Also, as another board member mentioned, Illidan being a very detailed 1/4 statue in the similar price range is hard to justify this.

Of course, I can see why people will buy her anyway if they are a huge fan of the series and character.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #17
SDguy

I don't disagree with the comments here, but I did want to correct that both Grommash and Illidan are technically 1/5 scale. Still big, beautiful, and $350 though
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #18
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
Unfortunately, I think this statue is overpriced compared to what they have released in the past. Maybe production values have gone up and we are starting to see new pricing.

Then again, I can't buy every Overwatch statue and I'm just sticking to the characters I'll play and she isn't one of them. Also, as another board member mentioned, Illidan being a very detailed 1/4 statue in the similar price range is hard to justify this.

Of course, I can see why people will buy her anyway if they are a huge fan of the series and character.
WoW pieces are 1/5.

The other Overwatch pieces are 150. DVa is three times the price at nearly three times the amount on material being used. Her price seems to be on par with the other based on what you are getting.

Cost are going up slowly but surely. Time + size will add to the price.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
WoW pieces are 1/5.

The other Overwatch pieces are 150. DVa is three times the price at nearly three times the amount on material being used. Her price seems to be on par with the other based on what you are getting.

Cost are going up slowly but surely. Time + size will add to the price.
You seem to be overlooking the fact that Blizzard statues are not limited edition pieces. These are mass produced items. The whole argument of manufacturing costs rising goes out the window when you are producing what seems like unlimited product, IMO.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #20
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

$450 and pre-authorization for the full amount. This might have to wait SDCC/Vegas trip at the end of the month. I'm sort of "pot committed" at this point on these and love all the designs and the statues have been great quality for the price. At $450 though this is PF territory. Hopefully this is an exception due to size and not the rule going forward.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote