Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 06-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #21
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
You seem to be overlooking the fact that Blizzard statues are not limited edition pieces. These are mass produced items. The whole argument of manufacturing costs rising goes out the window when you are producing what seems like unlimited product, IMO.
Soley based on just commenting on mass pieces...then it seems like people are expecting DVa to be 150 also.

...either way...they need to stop farting around and get on more Starcraft pieces.
...looks at dom...
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #22
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Judging from this, we can probably expect around the same price for Orisa, Winston and Reinhardt (possibly less for him though)
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #23
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Soley based on just commenting on mass pieces...then it seems like people are expecting DVa to be 150 also.

...either way...they need to stop farting around and get on more Starcraft pieces.
...looks at dom...
Not necessarily. The price for this line was first established and maintained up until this release at $150. Logically since this is twice the size of the previous sculpts your average consumer should expect to pay more. The problem is that the jump in price is so significant that it makes one question the justification of such a cost increase.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #24
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Not necessarily. The price for this line was first established and maintained up until this release at $150. Logically since this is twice the size of the previous sculpts your average consumer should expect to pay more. The problem is that the jump in price is so significant that it makes one question the justification of such a cost increase.
Agree... $350 feels about right. $400 is eye opening... $450 feels wrong. Again this is all opinion. But to me this has been happening alot across this Hobby. A rouge $100 to $200 being tacked on to statues. Also don't forget they aren't shipping anything free. I mean you're nipping on the heels of $500 here.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #25
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I was expecting 300 tbh....and I'll probably wait until it's close to that and decide then. While I really like the game/characters all it'd take is some dumb decisions on Blizzards part to kill the game. This is the first Blizzard game I've played, but I've heard they've made some terrible mistakes with balancing/patches that have turned off a lot of gamers in the past.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #26
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I definitely agree that the piece is expensive and I am disappointed in the price. That being said, I don't know if I would say it is overpriced. It is just more in line with what other companies are charging for similar size pieces. I think we have become a little spoiled by the reasonable costs of Blizzard's statues up until this point. That being said, I am not happy about being charged shipping despite being in continental US. For a statue this expensive I wish there were some basic perks to preordering early on or something.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #27
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I definitely agree that the piece is expensive and I am disappointed in the price. That being said, I don't know if I would say it is overpriced. It is just more in line with what other companies are charging for similar size pieces. I think we have become a little spoiled by the reasonable costs of Blizzard's statues up until this point. That being said, I am not happy about being charged shipping despite being in continental US. For a statue this expensive I wish there were some basic perks to preordering early on or something.
Maybe.... or I (I won't speak for others) felt that a HUGE company (compared to any statue only company) like Blizzard making open ES pieces would add up to less expensive pieces. But that's just me.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #28
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
I dont think she is twice. I think she is closer to 3, than 2. Since I think that, I do not consider the price jump that far off.

We saying / thinking the same thing / way...just you think double and I think triple. I am sure if she was 4 or 5 times the size for same price, we would agree it was reasonable what compared to size.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #29
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Don't forget about the depth to the piece. Meka is not just tall, but it is wide and deep too. The Sideshow Voltron has seven inches on this statue (isn't as wide as far as I can tell though) and is somewhere around $800 more if I recall.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #30
SDguy

I give you that it is big, Voltron with aditional light up feature not withstanding.

I think the point here is that many of us, or just me, thought we had a good thing going..... there are A LOT of characters in this game... hoping to get many was ok at $150. $450 isn't going to make it for me. That's all.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote