Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 08-05-2017, 08:17 AM   #31
SKORPIO888
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

This is 1/5 or 1/6? If it more than $700 that's way too much imo
SKORPIO888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #32
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKORPIO888 View Post
This is 1/5 or 1/6? If it more than $700 that's way too much imo
Its 1:6 Scale and it's definitely going to be more than $700.

As far as being "way too much," I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion based on the overall size of this piece and current market prices.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #33
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Of course this is way too expensive it's only 1/6 scale and they are asking 700 and up. P1 and sideshow sell statues in that range that are much bigger.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #34
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Of course this is way too expensive it's only 1/6 scale and they are asking 700 and up. P1 and sideshow sell statues in that range that are much bigger.
Man you guys get WAY too hung up on scale. At 27" tall this overall piece is as large or larger than most 1:4 and even a lot of 1:3 scale pieces, all without sitting on an unnecessary 10-12" base. That said value is a subjective thing but this piece is every bit as complex and large as the product from the above listed companies in the same price range.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #35
grphyx1
Kingpin

For some reason this is the only LOTR statue I'm feeling the urge to get. There is just something so regal about it and I can clearly see the scene in my head. Well it also helps that I have watched these movies over and over.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #36
omigeo
Alpha Flight

It is a great movie. Peter Jackson did an excellent job in directing it,
The book was so detailed I guess it was hard to mess it up. It is one of my all time favorite!
They might have been some slight changes to it but, I know that the ending in the book I read, was slightly different from what you see in the movie..
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #37
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Man you guys get WAY too hung up on scale. At 27" tall this overall piece is as large or larger than most 1:4 and even a lot of 1:3 scale pieces, all without sitting on an unnecessary 10-12" base. That said value is a subjective thing but this piece is every bit as complex and large as the product from the above listed companies in the same price range.
agreed, this is an amazing statue that should transcend scale. It'll look impressive in anyone's collection and be a show stopper, it looks that impressive. Just think about how many statues you've seen in your lifetime that has a giant elk in it? You could probably count them on 1 hand.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #38
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
The fact of the matter is that Weta is where is at for LOTR fans. Sideshow PFs are impressive, but their time has passed so there is no actively collecting for the future.
"Their time has passed"? Yea, I don't think so. They might not make anymore, but that doesn't mean they aren't still some of the best pieces out there. A cave troll was also recently added to the 1/4 lineup and P1 should be adding to the scale hopefully.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #39
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
"Their time has passed"? Yea, I don't think so. They might not make anymore, but that doesn't mean they aren't still some of the best pieces out there. A cave troll was also recently added to the 1/4 lineup and P1 should be adding to the scale hopefully.
Well... I think he is correct in stating that their time has passed. They no longer have the LOTR license and therefore aren't supporting any of their established lines. Not sure what Cave Troll you're speaking of. Collectors generally support companies that actually have active product lines. Once those lines end or the company in question drops the license people move on.

P1 has made claims they're moving forward with a 1:4 scale LOTR line but have shown absolutely nothing so until that time comes I'd say they're completely irrelevant at this point.

Weta on the other hand has been releasing a steady stream of product and supporting not only the LOTR but the Hobbit Trilogy as well so they're the main source for collectors now.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #40
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well... I think he is correct in stating that their time has passed. They no longer have the LOTR license and therefore aren't supporting any of their established lines. Not sure what Cave Troll you're speaking of. Collectors generally support companies that actually have active product lines. Once those lines end or the company in question drops the license people move on.

P1 has made claims they're moving forward with a 1:4 scale LOTR line but have shown absolutely nothing so until that time comes I'd say they're completely irrelevant at this point.

Weta on the other hand has been releasing a steady stream of product and supporting not only the LOTR but the Hobbit Trilogy as well so they're the main source for collectors now.
"they aren't making them anymore" and "their time has passed" are two completely different statements. Just because they are not continuing the line anymore doesn't mean anything to the current pieces, getting them all is still hard and when you do it is an impressive setup.

A company from the Philippines is making 1/4 trolls and the P1 announcement is anything but "irrelevant", they have shown WIP pics of Lurtz and they have done much smaller niche pieces already. I fully expect them to release some pieces, might be a while, but their current pieces completely blow SS away so they might be incredible.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote