Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-20-2017, 11:48 PM   #1
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

War Troll

This piece has been in development for over a year now. Shocked we haven't seen it at SDCC this year and that there's no discussion about it here.

Having missed out on the Cave Troll I've been planning on getting this one but with the two new pieces (Mouth of Sauron on Steed & Thraduil on Elk) I'm kinda hoping we don't see it for a while.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:16 AM   #2
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

It is at SDCC. I saw it in the background of another photo.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Weta previewed this at last year's SDCC, but it's been flying under the radar for a while now. With the Mouth of Sauron on Steed and Grond now up for pre-order, and Thrandruil on Elk and Eomer on Firefoot on the way, I think a lot of LOTR collectors are hoping the War Troll stays in the shadows for a while longer.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:39 AM   #4
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
It is at SDCC. I saw it in the background of another photo.
Man, I've been searching for pics and have come up with nothing. If you see anything worth posting please share.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #5
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Weta previewed this at last year's SDCC, but it's been flying under the radar for a while now. With the Mouth of Sauron on Steed and Grond now up for pre-order, and Thrandruil on Elk and Eomer on Firefoot on the way, I think a lot of LOTR collectors are hoping the War Troll stays in the shadows for a while longer.
I'm one of those collectors. I simply can't afford all this within the same 6 months or so. That said I can't wait to see Eomer on Firefoot.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Man, I've been searching for pics and have come up with nothing. If you see anything worth posting please share.
Here's a few shots of the War Troll taken last night

https://www.flickr.com/photos/elessa...n/photostream/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm one of those collectors. I simply can't afford all this within the same 6 months or so. That said I can't wait to see Eomer on Firefoot.
I've got about 1200 Weta dollars saved up for just such an occasion. It won't completely take away the sting, but it will help.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:49 AM   #7
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Eomer on Firefoot? where did you here that.
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #8
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
Eomer on Firefoot? where did you here that.
Eomer on Firefoot has been in the works for quite some according to Weta Production Manager, Daniel Falconer. He was in fact, supposed to make his debut at this years SDCC but there have been some production delays.

Here's a quote from Daniel from on July 14 :

"Éowyn and Merry on Windfola
Noted! I agree that Arwen on Asfaloth would be a spectacular statue. As we have talked about, before, it’s a case of us trying to balance the many potentially awesome rider and steed pieces we hope to produce for you and not having too many come out in quick succession. We’re all big nerds for this stuff and our sculptors are very passionate about what they make. In truth, there are so many possible rider pieces all equally worthy of polystone immortality that we have to hold ourselves back.
Now, with that being said, I need to forewarn you guys that Eomer is not going to make it to San Diego. I appreciate that many have been anticipating Eomer for some time, and I promise he is coming, eventually. Dude and his horse are still riding around somewhere in the Westfold, but we have sent Gandalf off on Shadowfax to look for him. I wish I could say to expect him at dawn on the fifth day, but we’re going to have to wait a little bit longer for him, I am afraid. I promise his eventual appearance will be well worth the wait. He and his horse are shaping up to be a spectacular collectible, but all that detail is taking us longer than anticipated. But, steed and rider fans fear not! We will still be sending someone in the saddle to San Diego this year…|
Old 07-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #9
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Here's a few shots of the War Troll taken last night

I've got about 1200 Weta dollars saved up for just such an occasion. It won't completely take away the sting, but it will help.
Nice! Thanks for the pics. Gives you a good idea of his size. Too bad they didn't have a price next to him like the others .

The Weta Dollars are great and definitely soften the blow. What I didn't burn during last year's Black Friday sale I burned on the Mouth of Sauron a couple days ago.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #10
FROBAY
Phoenix

Up for pre order at Weta. 1k and Only 400 edition size.

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/...a%20Newsletter
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote