Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-12-2017, 08:20 AM   #41
johnclone
The Enchantress

2 episodes left, I'm watching at this point just for the sake of CLOSURE. the old lady character that likes bugs calls the mist "the black spring" and talks about how this is all the work of nature, and how nature is judging people for their "transgressions" - I guess she learned the term "black spring" from the mist itself? Apparently she can now fluently communicate with it? And she takes this all in stride, isn't the slightest bit freaked out by any of it.

So let me get this straight, "nature" is able to create a "mist" when "she" gets really pissed at mankind, and this mist is actually a sentient being that is capable of creating solid matter out of itself and then this being can actually read the thoughts of people to choose the form(s) of how they are killed. (Choose the form of the destructor!) And rather than go after oil company execs or some other people who aggressively destroy nature like loggers, fishermen, etc, she has chosen a small town of common everyday folk to enact her vengeance, OK, got it.

As far as the people in this show go, I have lost any vested interest in any of these characters or their stories. I don't know what exactly it takes to create an emotional attachment to a character in a story, but this show isn't doing it. I'm just glad that it's all over in 2 episodes. It is very unlikely that there will be any online petitions made to save this show from cancellation, so we can all take comfort in that.

Stephen King is not having a good month. Dark Tower is all but a flop and this show which bears his name sucks.
Some of the acting is very good, and the casting seems perfect. So that's two things this got right.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #42
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Darabont's ending was far better than the original imo. The original ending is such a cliche.
Amen!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #43
johnclone
The Enchantress

Second to last episode down, one more to go and we can all try to forget this ever happened. This episode was not that good, but compared to other episodes in the series it is actually one of the better ones. There was a lot of action, some surprises, some drama, some moving forward in the story but I think it all boils down to this, the show has failed to make any of the characters truly likeable. So who cares what happens to any of them. I'm more interested in the prospect of them ALL being defeated by the mist than overcoming it. Unfortunately I suspect that isn't going to happen, but we'll see.

But the big final turd sandwich episode is next week, so it will be interesting to see how it all ends.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #44
johnclone
The Enchantress

The final episode of this series was so open ended, I can only hope that someone somewhere isn't actually planning a second season of this crap.