Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

This is Wii-eally Wii-eally Stupid

Just took a drive over to Best Buy to check out a few things and much to my surprise there are 30 idiots (yes idiots) camped out in front of Best Buy for the Wii. The people inside are all shaking their heads and laughing. They are getting 100 units tomorrow and another 60 on Monday and will continue to get them right up until Christmas. Sure they are going to be popular and sell very well but why in the world would anyone camp out for these?
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Morons really. The longest I've camped out was 3 hours in front of a BB the day the system was coming out. I just did a quick run check over which games did well and didn't. So far Super Monkey Ball, Zelda, Rayman's Raving Rabbids and Trauma Center have gotten pretty great reviews. Red Steel did mediocre and not so great. Call of Duty was good just not up to par yet as the Xbox's and others. Xcite Truck was more like a demo type game. Still waiting on more reviews but most likely will get Zelda and Rayman tomorrow.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Yeah, I was seeing this on another forum being discussed. The poll was for idiocy vs impatience. I choose idiocy because anyone who has followed this nintendo launch should be well aware that nintendo plans to fill any wants for the Wii this holiday season. They plan to have 4 million units shipped to North America by the end of the year.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
melike
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

i thought you were going to mention the fact that Gamespot gave Zelda an 8.8 whle everyone else is giving it a 10. But yes, thats pretty silly too.

Wheres the red Steel review?
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:21 AM   #5
Underdog07
Hercules

Give them a break. They are just early for the PS4.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by melike View Post
i thought you were going to mention the fact that Gamespot gave Zelda an 8.8 whle everyone else is giving it a 10. But yes, thats pretty silly too.

Wheres the red Steel review?
I think that review is due to the fact that they have none available. They must want people to buy other games instead of heading elsewhere for Zelda.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #7
Underdog07
Hercules

Another thing that is sad about this is that Zurb is in NYC. And the NYC ToysRUs is opening at 12:01 with something like 1000 units.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

There are people camped out everywhere around Charlotte for the Wii. It's ridiculous. My 24 hour Wal-Mart got in 32 (compared to 6 PS3's), and I went over there this morning to possibly pick one up. The guy said that they had like 50 people that had been there since Saturday morning.

Morons. I'll just go over to Best Buy and grab of the 100 they're sure to have. There were 30 people camped out there for one. LOL. Even if I don't get one, I'll just keep one of the several I've ordered online.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #9
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Another thing that is sad about this is that Zurb is in NYC. And the NYC ToysRUs is opening at 12:01 with something like 1000 units.
That may not have been enough. The line almost went completely around the block and those blocks are huge! The line was also about 4-5 people wide. My guess is it was about 2,000 people.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
Primal
Batman

Some could be dopes....but I think most are just not informed & think it's going to be in very limited supply like the PS3.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote