Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-11-2020, 02:23 AM   #701
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
The thing that makes Predator so unique compared to most other big monsters is that he looks great shot in any light. The man in a suit doesn't look like a man in a suit. He doesn't need to be hidden in shadow shots or dark lighting.
Yeah, he looks just as amazing and life-like in that still as he does in the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
At the end of the day, this is based on an illustrated comic, so comparing to the movie suit is just wishful thinking.
This is actually based on the movie suit. They're just using the comic title to get around licensing issues I think.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:48 AM   #702
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I think he means that behind the scenes photos don't really give the feel of the actual look of the Predator.

Since they film these things to look much different in order to hide the fact that it is a man in a rubber suit.

I think that is what he means anyways lol
Yup yup. Overall I think the statue looks great.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #703
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Yeah, he looks just as amazing and life-like in that still as he does in the film.

This is actually based on the movie suit. They're just using the comic title to get around licensing issues I think.
The comic cover does look very very similar to this though. Just like the scorpion alien.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #704
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
At the end of the day, this is based on an illustrated comic, so comparing to the movie suit is just wishful thinking.

We all know this is their "Jungle Hunter" They found a loophole to make one in the scale they wanted and they ran with it. Good for them, but it's 100% our old jungle hunting friend with a few addons (spear etc)
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #705
Quazzy
Doh!

This thing is going to be amazing. I ordered the regular edition as I will just display it with the bio mask on. I’m realizing that it’s not going to be easy to keep this thing clean and free of dust. Has anyone come up with a display option for this? This is going to command some serious real estate, and the cases I’m seeing around don’t accommodate something 28+ inches tall.
Quazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:01 AM   #706
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzy View Post
This thing is going to be amazing. I ordered the regular edition as I will just display it with the bio mask on. I’m realizing that it’s not going to be easy to keep this thing clean and free of dust. Has anyone come up with a display option for this? This is going to command some serious real estate, and the cases I’m seeing around don’t accommodate something 28+ inches tall.
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:21 AM   #707
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
+1 Welcome!
Automatic Dishwasher, top shelf only

Seriously though, if you don't use glass cases then the best option is to not have dust to start with.
Because of my extreme allergies I have no draperies-just shutters, hardwood floors, no rugs, leather furniture and whole house HEPA filtration. I dust about every 6 months and even then it's not even noticeable dust.
But depending on where you live (like the desert) you may not be able to escape dust.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #708
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
We worry about that when statue is in hand haha
Old 07-12-2020, 05:36 AM   #709
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Quote:
..I have no draperies-just shutters, hardwood floors, no rugs, leather furniture and whole house HEPA filtration. I dust about every 6 months and even then it's not even noticeable dust.
Whoa, this sounds good.
Unfortunately, I am bit of a horder and can't start over with a clean house or get rid of most of my stuff (ps. most stuff is no junk lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
We worry about that when statue is in hand haha
That too. If this comes out the way we hope, it will become a centerpiece.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #710
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I figured carpet flooring would be better than hardwood, as it catches dust.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote