Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 04-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #31
HULKSMASH!
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarthon View Post
Really? Are you sure about the time slot. I hope so cause I can't wait to get that Alien Queen signed.
http://www.calgaryexpo.com/media-guests/ Positive! Scroll over her name and you will see her time slots!
HULKSMASH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #32
HULKSMASH!

Quote:
I hope you get those signed. I thought the base is separate from the body, else I would have picked those up and take them along with me.
Yeah I am doing that with my Rouge Comicette for Tim Miller, I took the just the base last year for Hughes to sign. It was way easier than carrying the whole statue, and with the amount of people it is a nice feeling to have it in my backpack away from people bumping into it. I see 2 people the year before bringing 2 life size Iron Man and War Machine Busts on trollies for Stan Lee to sign. Looked like such a pain in the ass.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #33
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Dude i so envy you. Definitely get those signed. If those weighed anything like the base for the spiderman comiquette then be extra careful. The spiderman comiquette was a pain in butt for me to carry. I can't imagine what 4 of those would feel like at the con.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #34
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKSMASH! View Post
http://www.calgaryexpo.com/media-guests/ Positive! Scroll over her name and you will see her time slots!
I didn't realized the schedule went up today. Sweet. I can see it now. Sunday will be chaotic.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #35
Quarthon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKSMASH! View Post
Yeah I am doing that with my Rouge Comicette for Tim Miller, I took the just the base last year for Hughes to sign. It was way easier than carrying the whole statue, and with the amount of people it is a nice feeling to have it in my backpack away from people bumping into it. I see 2 people the year before bringing 2 life size Iron Man and War Machine Busts on trollies for Stan Lee to sign. Looked like such a pain in the ass.
I was in the line up for Stan Lee last year, but I don't remember seeing anything crazy like an life size bust being signed by him. The only thing I got for Tim would be the Lady Death PF, but I might leave that behind and just say hello to him.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #36
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I was in the line up for Stan Lee last year, but I don't remember seeing anything crazy like an life size bust being signed by him. The only thing I got for Tim would be the Lady Death PF, but I might leave that behind and just say hello to him.
when I was in line for Stan last year one guy had all 3 of the bowen bronze statues (spidey, hulk, cap) and another guy had the first apperance of Thor!! it made the lineup more interesting thats for sure, I took a pic of the Thor comic
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #37
HULKSMASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
when I was in line for Stan last year one guy had all 3 of the bowen bronze statues (spidey, hulk, cap) and another guy had the first apperance of Thor!! it made the lineup more interesting thats for sure, I took a pic of the Thor comic
Yeah you will always see awesome pieces for him to sign, Seen lots of Cap Shields and even a Thor guitar lol I got him to sign my IRON MAN #1 Made my day, plus a pic with him was nice!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #38
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I feel so unoriginal, I just got him to sign the base of my bowen chrome surfer, and bowen action thor (newer release)
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #39
Quarthon

My Mondo Flash Gordon Variant happens to arrived today in mail. I was worried I wouldn't get this one before the show, since this one just got release.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #40
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozie0 View Post
Wow, just checked out c2e2s lineup...very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
same weekend as c2e2 which has a pretty big list of names on it.
Just checked out the C2E2 line up. While the artist line ups are debateable cache and appeal (C2E2 certainly has a more creators) the media guests line up for the Calgary Expo nlows C2E2's away. I thought this was going to be a down year but between the Aliens cast and Dr.Who qnd Hobbit guests they did okay
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote