Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-03-2024, 04:52 PM   #31
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think if they would of put it at $2600..... more people would consider it. Not coming without anything doesn't warrant 3K yep.
Jungle Hunter, Berserker & Wolf is all I'll need.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 07:17 PM   #32
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Back in February, Johnny Matsumoto said they'd reveal a new Predator at the next showcase. Still no word on when that will be (or which Predator), but they seem to want to continue the line.
I hope it's the wolf and he's badass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I think if they would of put it at $2600..... more people would consider it. Not coming without anything doesn't warrant 3K yep.
Jungle Hunter, Berserker & Wolf is all I'll need.
Berserker over the city hunter ?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:09 PM   #33
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I hope it's the wolf and he's badass!

Berserker over the city hunter ?
Yeah man.... City Hunter doesn't do it for me with the pose and judging by the paint apps on the closed mouth bust, it looks like a downgrade in quality compared to the JH I think. The Berserker has a way better pose and he looks more evil and badas* looking to me. Besides I have the Prime 1 Wall Art City Hunter statue so I'll live. Just hoping they paint him up great.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:38 PM   #34
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yeah man.... City Hunter doesn't do it for me with the pose and judging by the paint apps on the closed mouth bust, it looks like a downgrade in quality compared to the JH I think. The Berserker has a way better pose and he looks more evil and badas* looking to me. Besides I have the Prime 1 Wall Art City Hunter statue so I'll live. Just hoping they paint him up great.
If you're worried about the city hunter paint then probably not best to get your hopes up for berserker
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 01:00 AM   #35
Xenoburger

City Hunter is my favorite predator and I'd take the Mr. Black statue over him.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:08 AM   #36
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Wow, no LED at all? This is just so basic looking, I feel like even $2k is a stretch for what you get on this one. The whole entire statue is what, maybe 3 or 4 colors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Yeah, 3k is laughable. Their greed knows no bounds. I'd love to have the full trio though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
They probably figure only completionists will want Chopper, so they might as well price him the same as the other regulars.

These AVP brothers don't make much sense. Minimum $3K each, but they all vary in base size and/or accessory count. Scar regular is the best value by far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon;
Chopper on his own has only (in this video):
- Chopper masked
- Long scimitar blades both arms
- pair of fists
- open hand left side
- Short wrist blades
- Skull rack

Geesh. not even the Short wrist blades and the left fist (only one bare hand each side??). Indeed no light up in computer or mask.
Price is too

Hopefully they going to make better looking preds and aliens first and shift these further back in production queue.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:37 AM   #37
Python
Omega Red

I actually think this looks really good. Definitely overpriced for what he's coming with, but he does look good! I can't understand Prime 1's insistence on making a full line of these so large and expensive, the ES is growing ever tiny and no doubt we'd all be buying a lot more of them if they were 1/4 and more affordable. They seem to make little business sense. But at the same time, I'm kind of glad they are making them, you've got to hand it to Prime for being so mad and making what they want to make. Those who have the money and space for these will have a Predator collection that they could only ever dream of only a couple of short years ago, and good for them. If I were rich, I'd be buying all of these and they would surround the perimeter of a home cinema. I hope my dream is one of you guys reality.

Quote:
City Hunter is my favorite predator and I'd take the Mr. Black statue over him.
Snap, I planned to get the JH and CH as a centrepiece, but they missed the mark on the P2 so badly! That pose is just painful, and they didn't even bother putting any effort into the bio mask, they just blew up the one from the 1/4 with the dome that's far too narrow. Weird considering how good the rest of them look. I really want the Berserker, but the JH cost me so much money to get to my door that I'm just not sure I want to spend that amount on a single collectible again. I love it, but do I $5k love it?I'm still not sure, I'm terrified I'll break it. Especially as many who waited got it so cheap down the line. I might wait and hope that happens with Berserker.... And hope that Prime have sorted out UK shipping costs by then so that I can also take advantage as they all did with the JH, they literally paid less than half of what I did for the same statue, and mine shipped at the same time despite me ordering two years before.. A slim chance on both counts, but as much as I would like the Berserker, I won't be devastated if I only end up with one of these huge Predators tbh. I'm pretty sure they will start again in 1/4 once they have milked every penny possible from these anyway. I am surprised they didn't keep the busts going though.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:36 AM   #38
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Snap, I planned to get the JH and CH as a centrepiece, but they missed the mark on the P2 so badly! That pose is just painful, and they didn't even bother putting any effort into the bio mask, they just blew up the one from the 1/4 with the dome that's far too narrow. Weird considering how good the rest of them look. I really want the Berserker, but the JH cost me so much money to get to my door that I'm just not sure I want to spend that amount on a single collectible again. I love it, but do I $5k love it?I'm still not sure, I'm terrified I'll break it. Especially as many who waited got it so cheap down the line. I might wait and hope that happens with Berserker.... And hope that Prime have sorted out UK shipping costs by then so that I can also take advantage as they all did with the JH, they literally paid less than half of what I did for the same statue, and mine shipped at the same time despite me ordering two years before.. A slim chance on both counts, but as much as I would like the Berserker, I won't be devastated if I only end up with one of these huge Predators tbh. I'm pretty sure they will start again in 1/4 once they have milked every penny possible from these anyway. I am surprised they didn't keep the busts going though.
I hate hearing how much you guys end up paying with shipping and tax. I am extremely pleased with the $2400 I'm paying for this. My waitlist converted around a year ago and I ultimately passed. I think it was in the $3200-$3500 range then.

1/4 doesn't do much for me anymore. I've been of the opinion that 1/3 is the perfect scale for quite some time now. Obviously, price and space are an issue.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 04:09 PM   #39
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I hate hearing how much you guys end up paying with shipping and tax. I am extremely pleased with the $2400 I'm paying for this. My waitlist converted around a year ago and I ultimately passed. I think it was in the $3200-$3500 range then.

1/4 doesn't do much for me anymore. I've been of the opinion that 1/3 is the perfect scale for quite some time now. Obviously, price and space are an issue.
Yeah, this is an absolute steal for that price, I'd be really happy. When I say 1/4, I'm imagining the bgca which isn't actually 1/4 at all lol, it's somewhere in between. It's probably the same scale as most humanoid 1/3 statues are. It's the perfect scale for a predator imo. But of course the 1/3 is incredible.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote