Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #131
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I like the pose. The piece lacks one thing, the celebrity factor, a factor that made the Pfeiffer Cat Woman have that extra something. I own the Pfeiffer Cat Woman and have on pre_order Catwoman TDKR 1/3 by Prime 1. Do i need a 3rd Cat Woman?
..Elektra, yes, a 3rd Cat Woman, i don't think so

Cat Woman Premium Format(TM) Figure 1/4 Sideshow Collectibles

Cat Woman TDKR 1/3 Prime 1
Tut-tut. You stepped out of character once, Shaun.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #132
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Tut-tut. You went out of character once, Shaun.
my bad
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #133
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #134
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I'm assuming that's directed at me and I don't have an issue with the forum. I think it's great we're all passionate about this hobby. You might have misunderstood what my comments are regarding. I was directing it at the comments about sideshow not listening to its customers. People always make that comment here as if we are the only customers they have. Its unrealistic to expect sideshow to change certain aspects of a statue because a few people on a this forum don't like it. That's all I'm getting at. I just disagree with the people who say "sideshow is terrible because they don't make the changes I want".
But it's not unrealistic. P1, PCS, XM, etc all take input from customers. As a company you have to be brave enough and smart enough to take and weed through the feedback. Sideshow is either on too high of a horse or too incompetent or both.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #135
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
But it's not unrealistic. P1, PCS, XM, etc all take input from customers. As a company you have to be brave enough and smart enough to take and weed through the feedback. Sideshow is either on too high of a horse or too incompetent or both.
To some degree it is unrealistic. SS currently has more PFs in stock, on Pre-Order or wait listed than XM has released since the company was founded. I'm not sure how they could get all those pieces out in timely manner if they halt the production on a piece every time someone on the forums throws a tantrum. Now if SS cut their production in half they could probably do it, but that doesn't pay the bills for company their size.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #136
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
To some degree it is unrealistic. SS currently has more PFs in stock, on Pre-Order or wait listed than XM has released since the company was founded. I'm not sure how they could get all those pieces out in timely manner if they halt the production on a piece every time someone on the forums throws a tantrum. Now if SS cut their production in half they could probably do it, but that doesn't pay the bills for company their size.
Doesn't Prime1 do too? But, they try to take customer's feedback into account. Accepting feedback from customers is really important in any kind of business and it also is a key to further improvement. Sideshow is no exception.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #137
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Doesn't Prime1 do too? But, they try to take customer's feedback into account. Accepting feedback from customers is really important in any kind of business and it also is a key to further improvement. Sideshow is no exception.
I don't know much about Prime 1 since I'm not interested in their products. But you are right. They have millions of POs open currently going out a year and half.

Making customers think that their feedback matters is important.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #138
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Sure that's why I say smart enough, they have to draw a line in the sand somewhere along the process.

They keep everything so close to the chest, EVENTHOUGH they're the only ones with the license in NA, they don't afford the opportunity for input before the wheel(s) start turning. Its all about logistics.

Sideshow's line the sand is at the starting gate, that's what makes the notion unrealistic.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:24 PM   #139
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Worth noting that a lot of the things I see people wanting changed on sideshows statues are very subjective. Like elektra's bangs or Ivy's back muscles.

Also, didn't they just change Wolverines base, after it was announced, to correct an issue that customers had with the leaning? I would say the changes other companies have made were more along the lines of this where they fixed something that was objectively wrong with the statue.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #140
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Worth noting that a lot of the things I see people wanting changed on sideshows statues are very subjective. Like elektra's bangs or Ivy's back muscles.

Also, didn't they just change Wolverines base, after it was announced, to correct an issue that customers had with the leaning?
Yes, that is why it's important for us to be able to express our critiques vs. just pretending everything is perfect.

Remember all the changes they made to Magneto, because when he was first revealed at SDCC 2017, the majority of people hated him?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote