Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #451
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statueenvy View Post
I still have hope XM will decide to include that hologram screen arm with Optimus.
I'm right there with you. Really hoping they look at their decision process and realize there's an alternate/better rout.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #452
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statueenvy View Post
I still have hope XM will decide to include that hologram screen arm with Optimus.
+1
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #453
Lockdown
Mephisto

+1 for hologram screen arm. Both poses shown looked very similar. Holding the hologram screen on the left arm will work and look really cool with guns pointing forward or up. Optimus doesn't need to look at the screen to shoot.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #454
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I know this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know when XM is going to try and have Prime ready? I know these dates change, just wanting a ballpark estimate.
4th quarter this year. I've heard October, November time frame
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:33 AM   #455
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
I've never read a Tranformers comic, any suggestions?
There's plenty out there to read. However I suggest you start of with the modern stuff and then if you like what you read, I'd be happy to offer other suggestions.

Start off with "Last Stand of the Wreckers", It's a 5 issue mini series. A fun read and has some ramifications in the series I'm about to recommend. You may get a little lost if this is the first comic you read though.

Follow that up with "Death Of Optimus Prime", which is a one-shot, single issue that springboards into two ongoing series.

The ongoing I recommend is "More Than Meets The Eye" which gets up to 55 issues. Great read. There is a crossover miniseries in there around issue 22, with the parallel series.

That parallel series, which as noted comes out of the issue Death of Optimus prime is called "Robots In Disguise" If you're enjoying what you're reading at this point may as well read that one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I agree. There is something about the look I like and been trying to work out why... I think it's because it's might be designed to replicate the plastic look of the toys? That's has a nostalgic edge that seems to have me liking it.
You do realise the Optimus Prime toy was originally die-cast metal?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:16 AM   #456
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Back when toy were real toys with lead in them
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:09 AM   #457
Joel
The Herculoids

Yeah that's right, there was a mix of plastic and metal. I was so young when they came out really takes me back.

Also makes me think toys were higher quality back then but probably not! Just more robust maybe.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #458
slynger
Hellboy

So everyone probably has seen the photo with some XM guys standing by the Hulkbuster showing it's immense size. Through all the pics, I can't get a very good feeling for how big Prime is. I know he's fairly large, but does anyone have a photo that helps with scale?
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:14 AM   #459
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
So everyone probably has seen the photo with some XM guys standing by the Hulkbuster showing it's immense size. Through all the pics, I can't get a very good feeling for how big Prime is. I know he's fairly large, but does anyone have a photo that helps with scale?
Well, allow the XM super fan to help in that regard.

I hope this gives a slightly better indication. He is huge...no doubt about that....but not obnoxiously huge like the Hulkbuster statue.

I'd say about 27 - 28 inches. With gun pointing upward about 36 - 40 inches. These are guestimations.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:27 AM   #460
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i'm tempted ...very very tempted..what can i do to not fall into this line..please heal me !!!
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote