Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-24-2017, 01:29 AM   #1831
Smudgey
Doh!

Thank you all for your help. At least I know what I'm aiming for price wise.

There we go indeed, it's like someone was listening. Wish me luck!
Smudgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:46 AM   #1832
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Thete ya go... it's .99 for the ex starting! Most of the times it will end at 400 something to 500 and no more. Snipe it on the last 5 secs. She's a keeper even with the lame ex. Just make sure she does not lean like mine. You will love it. Who doesn't love BG!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-Colle...%257Ciid%253A1
Did you email the seller to see if there was a reserve? Prob not.

Smudgey, I sent you a PM.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:27 AM   #1833
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
He cant even get the proper names of the characters, much less give anyone advice.

PS I know you were being sarcastic lol
CBG is a value to this forum.
Quote:
Oh sorry I didn't read the last posts and just post first and read later. About buying now or wait for BG? I say if he can get get her at 500.00 for the ex. Then go for it. She won't get less than that because it's already been a while. Unless ss releases three more versions like baroness. If that's the case then wait to buy her at 340.00 later.
Quote:
Thete ya go... it's .99 for the ex starting! Most of the times it will end at 400 something to 500 and no more. Snipe it on the last 5 secs. She's a keeper even with the lame ex. Just make sure she does not lean like mine. You will love it. Who doesn't love BG!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-Colle...%257Ciid%253A1
no need to thank us, this is who you should be thanking ^^^^^ and yes CBG is always listening for our cries and answering our prayers giving collectors hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudgey View Post
Thank you all for your help. At least I know what I'm aiming for price wise.

There we go indeed, it's like someone was listening. Wish me luck!
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #1834
nearmint
Phoenix

Just noticed that an EX of this piece sold on eBay a few days ago for $1100 in a straight auction with 23 bids. Impressive result.

Edit: Just noticed that it was a charity auction, but still, nice hammer price.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:53 PM   #1835
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

If SS had put the prototype up for auction, I was ready to shell out a lot of money for it.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #1836
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Just got her a few weeks ago certainly not a spacetaker which is nice. Pretty decent statue.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #1837
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i think when the batgirl movie is released the fandom for this character will go through the roof
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #1838
StatueJunky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I love this statue. It turned out better than I had hoped. I wish the Supergirl had looked just as good.
StatueJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #1839
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Just repositioned her to give her a front and center spot with my JL'ers. Really nice piece that I tend to overlook.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #1840
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
i think when the batgirl movie is released the fandom for this character will go through the roof
That always happens anytime a new movie is released for a particular characters/series, that is of course if its a well liked movie. Halle Berry's Catwoman movie might have actually caused prices to drop on Catwoman collectibles, lol. Everything dealing with Wonder Woman has seen significantly more interest since the movie came out and average prices have defintely been noticeably higher, significantly so on her silver and golden age comics. Lots of mid grade silver age wonder woman comics have increased by at least 50% since the movie came out. Thats just how these markets work.

I have only tried profiting on this kind of trend once and it was with Star Lord and Guardians of the Galaxy. I purchased 6 high grade copies of Marvel Preview #4 (1st appeaearnce of Star Lord) and 11 high grade copies of Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (1st appearance of GotG) when Marvel first announced that Guardians of the Galaxy had been green lit and I wound up selling them as soon as the movie hit theaters. I wound up making a decent amount of money and I kept 2 copies of each for myself, which I basically wound up getting for free by the time all was said and done. This is one of the most easily predictable aspects of comic collectible markets. Any time a new movie is released, you see a significant spike in overall interest and demand, which equates to significant price increases, at least over the short term.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote