Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #611
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

My impressions after owning her for a few days. Not everyone will agree but i keep it honest.

https://youtu.be/KQ8zpacKVXE
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #612
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa7 View Post
Got my Gamora EX last week and she's gorgeous and flawless. Gamora fans rejoice we finally got some 1/4 statue love.
I concur! Congrats!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #613
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Will open mine tonight hopefully. This week I was so busy working in the dairy department because a team member got let go. It's a rough week. So much milk and yogurt to stock. I'm so tired this week. The huge snow storm made the store busier than thanksgiving. The lines were crazy tonight! At least when I open this green elf girl. It will be all worth the hard work. This is a very simple good statue so I'm sure nothing will be broken during shipping.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #614
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The Pros:

Just opened up this green elf girl to my amazement this came with nothing broken. The bases clear crystals looks great! That's a good extra unlike the older SS plain bases. Pose is great unlike the standing poses. Gives life to this statue. Another huge plus is this is nice scale for a female statue. Glad to get a good scale now with so many off scale smaller pf's recently. As with most SS stuff the portrait is done very well.

The cons:

Why is the sword so thin? The Jason machete is twice as thick. This one is paper thin. So easy to break with this.

The joints that connect the both hands should have been magnetic. The new way with the rods makes it very hard to pull back out without the risk of breaking something. Magnets was so easy to it on and off.

Wished we got a ex head with eyeballs. Come on ss give the fans what the majority wants for a ex which is always the coh options.

Final say:

Worth a buy. Statue is well done overall and i say buy it if you haven't yet. Winning here!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #615
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Nice video vindictvepotato, I liked the review.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 PM   #616
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I finally got around to opening up and putting together my Gamora and IMO this is yet another absolutely stunning female statue by Sideshow and its yet another statue for me that was delivered without a single issue. The only damage I have received from a Sideshow statue the last 2+ years running was the main art box for my Modern Batman statue had a small roughly 2" hole on one of the sides near the top. The statue itself was still in perfect condition, it was just the art box that was slightly damaged. Beyond that everything I have ordered from Sideshow has arrived in absolutely perfect condition. So another tip of the hat to Sideshow in that regard!

I know some people didn't like the look of this statue due to the whole "Mass Effect" style suit she has, which is how a lot of people referred to it, but I for one absolutely love the style. Then again, I actually agree that it really does have a Mass Effect quality art design feel to it, but Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite video game series and is really my single favorite intellectual property to collect from in general. I own all of the lithographs from Mass Effect 1 & 2, all of the replica weapons released by Triforce to date, all of the statues released by Gaming Heads to date, all of the art books and novels, and I even just ordered the Pathfinder edition guide from prima for Mass Effect Andromeda. The only Mass Effect collectibles that I really didn't get on board with were the ship models and the reason for that was really a space issue more than anything else. So basically, I love that it has a Mass Effect feel to it. I think it a pretty solid fit for the character design wise.

And I really can't stress enough how much I love the overall height of this statue and how it looks when displayed in front of taller statues like Captain Marvel, like Sideshow did with the photo shoot with those characters. It really does make for a much more dynamic set up by bringing height into the equation, which usually isn't the case with most PF displays as most are usually around the same height, give or take an inch or two due to the base. I sincerely hope that Sideshow continues with this kind of approach with particular character groupings in the future. Again, it really does add a level of depth and quality to a display that just isn't normally seen with Sideshow PF displays. Honestly, its one of my favorite aspects about this piece and I can't wait to get Angela and complete the display Sideshow had shot in the studio.

I still consider this one of the nicest statue groupings I have seen to date and I really can't wait to receive Angela and display my pieces exactly in the same manner.

All in all, just another fantastic statue by Sideshow and IMO, there is no longer any doubt about it. This is not the same Sideshow that we had 2-3 years back. They have raised thier quality to a whole new level, one that is much more in line with their current pricing.

So another big to Sideshow!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #617
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm surprise the reg is almost sold out and ex already is, giving the price tag of her. Finally getting my ex on wed.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #618
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Got my EX but unfortunately one of the crystals were broken on the base. I'm not liking my chance of getting a replacement base.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #619
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modus View Post
Got my EX but unfortunately one of the crystals were broken on the base. I'm not liking my chance of getting a replacement base.
Yah that's one of the risk with flex pay. Hopefully no issues tomorrow
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #620
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modus View Post
That sucks man, thankfully my Gamora came through intact for a change, but a similar issue happened to my dark phoenix, I BIGASS chunk of fire had broken off the base and they wouldn't offer a replacement base, I had to take a new statue or a credit.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote