Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #11
chronos1919
Nightwing

1. Price
2. Space that 1/3 statues need
3. Delays
4. Edition size

These are the factors that are making me hesitant. Also, the underwhelming EX on Arkham Knight Bats.

I would love to see some more in-hand reviews before taking the plunge, though I've been playing the waiting list game for so long that I feel like one of these times I cancel and re-join I won't be able to get a conversion again.

Also, a lot of people on these boards seem to prefer the comic book look of these characters over the video game versions.

Once the statues start shipping and more videos and pictures pop up we'll get a better idea about the demand for this line. I think, at least.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 PM   #12
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph04 View Post
Personally, I really enjoyed AK, and AO.
I would have enjoyed Arkham Knight more, if it weren't for the heavy emphasis on the Batmobile. I feel like I'm part of a very small pool of people that really enjoyed Arkham Origins. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't skip Arkham Knight Bats and go for Noel Batman.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #13
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Yes bail on first bats. Lost interest and the pose is not doing it anymore with so much coming out. But the rest I will wait for a delay and decide then. As for bats I may get the Jim lee or frank Miller version if I continue this line.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #14
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
So what's going on? Are we reaching a saturation point with this hobby?
_______
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #15
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I would have enjoyed Arkham Knight more, if it weren't for the heavy emphasis on the Batmobile. I feel like I'm part of a very small pool of people that really enjoyed Arkham Origins. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't skip Arkham Knight Bats and go for Noel Batman.
Agree with this, the forced using of the batmobile in nearly every part of the game was a bit frustrating, took a lot of playing freedom out of it in my opinion. Enjoyed origins myself, my second fave of the series behind city.

Love the emotion on the Noel bats portraits and pose but am not a fan of the suit design, personally prefer the armor look of the knight suit, which has been my fave look of batman yet, right up there with origins costume.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:11 PM   #16
epitaph04
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Yep. Game is far from perfect but overall I really liked it. Kind of like BVS where there's a lot wrong with it but damn it I still like it. I loved the vibe Origins had and the Deathstroke/Bats showdown is one of my favorite things ever.

I'm gonna be getting both bats...both happen to be some of my favorite iterations of the character and I think both look outstanding.
epitaph04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #17
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I lost some interest in Prime 1. I cancel my ARK Batman. I'm keeping my Death Stroke. A little more selective with Prime 1

1) Space for 1/3. They take a lot more space than expected to display them correctly. I need Pax unit or custom cabinets.

2) Other version of Batman will come out. I could wait and choose the Batman I like most.

3) Exclusive aren't that special I could wait.

4) Large ES and cost.

5) I don't Use Facebook. So there no Consumer input from Prime 1 on this board anymore.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:15 PM   #18
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The average statue collector is not ready to roll with this. These are not $400 PFs. You can't collect them all. These are $1000 purchases EACH when all is said and done.

I think people are going through some sticker shock. Unless you are absolutely sure about one of these statues then don't preorder. There will most likely be another character in the line that you will love and want to pick up with at least 99.9% certainty. At $1000 I don't care what the ES is on Robin. I just don't like his design enough to pay for him. I rather wait and see others that Sideshow is taking their sweet time on and I may not see on my lifetime. Again, $1000 EACH for these.

Edition sizes have to come down a bit as well. Hopefully they are adjusting accordingly on that if Robin is an indicator. Given the current market conditions with pricing, the lack of variety from Sideshow when it comes to characters in the Batman line and the overall lack of good QC from many producers, these Prime 1 pieces are very much worth it. I have Deathstroke and Harley on preorder. I have a seven other slots pending for other characters if executed well enough: Nightwing, Batgirl, Two-Face, Catwoman, Joker, Bane and Freeze. Scarecrow and Killer Croc are possibilities if they don't execute the other ones well or I don't deem them as worth it.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:36 PM   #19
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Think it's just allocations. I have Bats, Deathstroke and Harley on PO.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:45 PM   #20
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
I'm guessing people jumped on the knight batman as a definitive piece. Now that we have knowledge of so many more batman pieces in the works, like Miller, origins, lee, etc, there are a bunch of cancellations to wait for the one that appeals most to a collector.

Not really sure about deathstroke, he's a beautiful piece, but at almost 1000 and so many other options coming out, I think it's a bit easy to get caught up in the hype and then a few months later something you want more comes up and it's decision time, which do you need for your display.
I think you pretty much nailed it bro
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote