Lol 3 minutes lost forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
*cough* 22,000 posts *cough*

He definitely needs a life.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #1353
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I have posted that data time and time again over the last few months. Do I really need to post it again? Really? So be it......

Apocalypse - 750 Total - Sold Out
Batgirl - 4000 Total - EX Sold Out - Regular Waitlisted
Batman - 9500 Total - EX Sold Out - Regular on Pre-order
Batman Modern - 2000 Total - Sold Out
Batman Keaton - 1250 Total - Sold Out
Batman Keaton 89 - 2500 Total - Waitlisted
Boba Fett - 2500 Total - Waitisted
Captai America - 1000 Total - Sold Out
Captain America (W. Soldier) - 2250 Total - Still on sale
Catwoman - 6000 Total - Ex Sold Out - Regular Still on sale
Chewbacca - 1000 Total - Sold Out
Classic Catwoman - 1500 Total - Sold Out
Commander Cody - 1400 Total - EX Sold Out - Regular Waitlisted
Dawg (Lobo) - 1500 Total - Sold Out
Deadpool - 1250 Total - Sold Out
Deadpool (X-Force) - 1250 Total - Sold Out
Death Siren - 1750 total - Waitisted
Daredevil - 1000 Total - Sold Out
Emma Frost - 2500 Total - Sold Out
Green Lantern - 2250 Total - Sold Out
Gladiator Hulk - 3000 Total - Sold Out
Harley Quinn - 5250 Total - Sold Out
Kier - 2500 Total - Waitlisted
King Hulk - 1500 Total - Sold Out
Lobo - 1000 Total - Sold Out
Man of Steel - 3000 Total - Waitlisted
Poison Ivy - 4000 Total - Sold Out
Poison Ivy Green - 2500 Total - Sold Out
Power Girl - 3750 Total - EX Sold Out - Regular Sold Out
Queen of the Dead - 3000 Total - Waitlisted
Red Sonja - 4500 Total - Sold Out
Savage Opress - 1250 Total - Sold Out
Shaak Ti - 1000 Total - Sold Out
Spider-Woman - 1025 Total - Sold Out
Storm - 1500 Total - Sold out
Superman - 7500 Total - EX Sold Out - Regular on Pre-order
The Amazing Spider-Man - 7500 Total - Waitlisted
The Terminator - 1500 Total - Sold Out
Thor (Modern) - 2250 Total - EX Sold Out - Reguar Waitlisted
The Incredible hulk - 1000 Total - Sold Out
Thor Dark World - 1000 Total - Sold Out
Vampirella - 3000 Total - Ex Sold Out - Regular Still on sale
Wonder Woman - 9500 Total - EX Sold Out - Regular Waitlisted
Dr Doom - 3000 Total - Still on sale
Grey hulk - 1000 Total - Still on sale

Those sales speak for themselves. Those numbers VERY CLEARLY show that people that has ceased to buy from Sideshow have simply been replaced by new buyers. If that wasn't the case Sideshow would not be selling out with edition sizes this large and they wouldn't be selling out this frequently. These are the most impressive sales figures Sideshow has ever seen, and this is in light of steadily rising prices.

People that are suggesting that Sideshow's inventory is just continuing to grow couldn't possibly be more wrong. 95% of the statues Sideshow has released over the last couple of years are either sold out or waitlisted. The only statues languishing in Sideshow's warehouses are statues that weren't well liked, statues like Dr. Doom and Grey Hulk. If a statue is generally liked, it sells. The numbers over the last 2 years prove that unequivocally and again the people that have decided to stop buying from Sideshow, for one reason or another, have only been replaced by new buyers.

Now it is!
I guess your right. SS is humming right along. That is cheetah and many other PF's recently have had ES of less than 1000. (I liked that trend, but this piece reversed it quickly)They are such a dominant force they could sell 5000 cheetahs if they really wanted too. They also give double rewards and free shipping because everybody is beating down the door to get a SS PF. I like SS, but if they ever get any real competition they are in trouble. This little comic book character bubble is going to burst eventually. The only people buying these will be
The long term collectors.

The inventory glut has begun, if you can't see it yet you will in time.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #1354
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Give me a break with your 1:2 ratio, lol. So I casually said a couple in my post instead of citing an exact ratio. My point was that the people ceasing to buy from Sideshow have had no negative effect on Sideshow sales as they have been replaced by new buyers. Those sales number prove that without question. Wether the ratio of people leaving to people coming is 1:1 or 1:2 or even 1:3 is anyone's guess. Given the sales figures for Sideshow over the last 2 years, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was 1:2, but I am not about to waste my time trying to prove it as the only point I was trying to make is that the people ceasing to buy from Sideshow have been replaced by new buyers. I am not trying to prove an exact ratio for the people leaving to the new people buying as only Sideshow has the info required to be able to nail down an exact ratio.

You asked for the data that proved that and I gave it to you.
OC, You said 1 to a couple. A couple =2. That's 1:2. I didn't make up that number. I can't give you a break from your own numbers.

Im not sure how its okay for you to casually speculate numbers, but not others? The truth is that your "1 to a couple" comment has no more truth to it than an "overwhelmingly vast majority" because both are assumptions. Your list of item sales totals doesn't do anything but say SS is experiencing growth. Even that is speculative, though, because it doesn't have any timeline or historical comparisons to know at what rates. It's pretty much just a raw ES list with what's available here. You somehow used it to create a "1 to a couple" trade off with old and new customers to make a point though. I could just as easily translate the info into to 1 to 50 using the same approach, and it would be no more accurate. Even better, I could say the vast majority of sales are coming from new customers. Just look a the ES's!...all just assumptions to the population of buyers.

Nothing personal here. I just found it ironic is all that you call out someone for data on their casual assumption, but then do the same thing referring to old and new buyers.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #1355
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Why is it everytime when I click on some thread after ages I see you trying to convince someone with solid data to prove that they are wrong . LOL. Why can't u just let the delusion to persist? And why are you wasting yout time compiling this data.LOL.
Time will tell on the preorders. A lot of these come out in the next 3 months. I would bet a lot of exclusives being released will be around 6 months+ from now. I see a trend you don't. Time will tell.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #1356
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuckr68 View Post
OC, You said 1 to a couple. A couple =2. That's 1:2. I didn't make up that number. I can't give you a break from your own numbers.

Im not sure how its okay for you to casually speculate numbers, but not others? The truth is that your "1 to a couple" comment has no more truth to it than an "overwhelmingly vast majority" because both are assumptions. Your list of item sales totals doesn't do anything but say SS is experiencing growth. Even that is speculative, though, because it doesn't have any timeline or historical comparisons to know at what rates. It's pretty much just a raw ES list with what's available here. You somehow used it to create a "1 to a couple" trade off with old and new customers to make a point though. I could just as easily translate the info into to 1 to 50 using the same approach, and it would be no more accurate. Even better, I could say the vast majority of sales are coming from new customers. Just look a the ES's!...all just assumptions to the population of buyers.

Nothing personal here. I just found it ironic is all that you call out someone for data on their casual assumption, but then do the same thing referring to old and new buyers.
David Igo actually confirmed that Sideshow has more "casual"/"new" collectors than hardcore buyers a few months ago. So take that for what you will.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #1357
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

It took them more than entire month or two to come up with this 2,500 Number. Now the question is how many regulars will there be? 5,000 or better yet 3,000

It's good to finally know how many are going to be made but it should have been told to us from day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
David Igo actually confirmed that Sideshow has more "casual"/"new" collectors than hardcore buyers a few months ago. So take that for what you will.
This is most likely why they do TBD to see how many "New/Casual" collectors will place a PO along with the loyal ones to see how many more they should make to milk the market.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #1358
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

There inaccuracy in OC list with ES. Personally anything over 4K for both EX and reg is too much. I'm very hesitant to buy anything over that unless it's a killer sculpt. There's collectible and there's collectibles that actually means that.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #1359
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
It took them more than entire month or two to come up with this 2,500 Number. Now the question is how many regulars will there be? 5,000 or better yet 3,000

It's good to finally know how many are going to be made but it should have been told to us from day one.

This is most likely why they do TBD to see how many "New/Casual" collectors will place a PO along with the loyal ones to see how many more they should make to milk the market.
I hate to say this on a site full of collectors who don't care, but it's smarter business wise to do what Sideshow does and see if the initial PO numbers meet sales projections and then adjust the number. It's just smarter than "hey, here's an ES, hope we're right"

Personally I have a long standing theory on how ES is calculated. It's really simple. Sideshow has a low number, the minimum a license requires to sell and a high number, a number they'd love to sell. They take Pre-orders for 2-3 months and calculate sales projections, how long they want to have the item in stock particularly if they think a piece will entice people to buy other statues and then calculate the number based on that data. Usually the number probably falls in between the two initial projections. Again, it's the smart way to do it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #1360
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
*cough* 22,000 posts *cough*

Lol majority of those are troll posts for self entertainment!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote