Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #141
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

yeah, I had a lucky experience with Garza but I wouldn't recommend anyone else gamble their money with him.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #142
Landroid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Treece really got his stuff together as of late. Your Harley piece should have been in the mail a LONG while ago.
Landroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #143
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
Combining the other previous posts, surprised by both the issues with Geoff at ComicArtHouse and Jeremy Treece. I went through Geoff for a Treece commission and he was great with communication and Jeremy had the piece done quickly.
I feel bad about the post I made because I didn't mean to allege anything against Geoff. Looking at it now I think he made several efforts to get an answer from Joe Mulvey, and since he was getting delayed responses, I was getting delayed responses. No beef with Geoff. In fact, after NYCC, I came home to...and you guys are never going to believe this...NO COMMISSION from Joe Mulvey. I reached out to Geoff, who CC'd me on an email to Bob, and I'm going to get refunded as soon as Joe paypals the money back to Bob. So hopefully this situation will be resolved in the next few days.
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #144
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Good luck!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #145
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
Garza claims he is doing one commission a day for a month. But I've heard bad things about him.
over the last 15 r so years I have bought several commissions from him. My first one came and the art was loose in a flattened box, so it was damaged. He gave me a partial refund. The next several went off without a hitch.
My last one was a total nightmare. I would email ort private message him without any responses. Only until I started posting publicly asking about it did I get any responses. At that time I knew of several other folks in the same boat with him. The guy has skills, but after this last one I doubt I would buy from him again.
Titan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #146
super_jedi
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
After 3 yrs and a bunch of broken promises, Paolo Pantalena has yet to resolve this issue...last words he messaged me were, I received the payment 3 yrs ago, sorry I missed you at NYCC, and now has cut all comms...bad experiences have dampened my commish spirit, and now only a select few get my moola...love commishes hate playing chase the artist
Although above posting happened years ago, this sounds familiar to what happen to me .. Anyone ?
super_jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #147
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

i haven't heard of a good paolo commission experience. a shame since he is talented.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #148
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
i haven't heard of a good paolo commission experience. a shame since he is talented.
I agree. I stopped following him on instagram recently as well, will not support artists that treat their supporters like trash.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #149
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

haha. he blocked me because I asked for a friend where his commission was.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #150
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

We can add Dayne Henry to the list of people who drag their feet on commissions. I arranged a a full-color ink-and-marker commission with him thru his Instagram back in January, and thus far the following has happened:

- repeated promises to deliver a prelim on specific days that have been broken one right after the other

- very spotty communication (it can take several days at least for him to respond to messages)

- excuses for said lack of communication and lack of any updates

- a very blurry photo of a roughly rendered head shot that I wasn't able to save because he sent it by Instagram Messenger while I was at work, meaning the image had a time limit on it and I couldn't download it because it was an exceptionally hectic day at my workplace

He begged for another chance to finish it when I asked for a refund, so I offered him a "compromise" intended to light a fire under him: if he would agree to do the commission as pencil only and finish it quickly, I'd make arrangements to have a comic book pro ink it. (I also name-dropped inkers I've commissioned, to sweeten the deal.) He seemed to take the bait, but only time will tell if the enticement of being inked by an established comic book talent will be enough to get the damn commission done.

Wish me luck.
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote