Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #121
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Poll on facebook for the extra base stuff and helmet and they are saying it would be limited to 50 at $450 extra....
They shouldn’t waste their time with polls polls are bull$hit at the most. people vote but when money is asked to be given up they are nowhere to be found. Worse this isn’t Spider-Man or wolverine.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:51 AM   #122
dao2
Cyclops

actually i didn't think about it but the point about the helmet is right, it would actually be impossible to take his hands behind the helmet for the swing like it is because of the horns :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:01 AM   #123
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I might get flamed here but oh well, Caleb is good....at digital renders, in armor/covering anatomy. There is a huge difference in being able to digitally sculpt a statue that would actually be able to be reproduced and just making a kick ass render. While this statue is still cool i knew from the second the completed render was shown it was going to have to be MAJORLY dumbed down to be produced

There's more than just the tentacles not being on it, look at the texture on the render compared to the statue, particularly the underside of the cape.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #124
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
I might get flamed here but oh well, Caleb is good....at digital renders, in armor/covering anatomy. There is a huge difference in being able to digitally sculpt a statue that would actually be able to be reproduced and just making a kick ass render. While this statue is still cool i knew from the second the completed render was shown it was going to have to be MAJORLY dumbed down to be produced

There's more than just the tentacles not being on it, look at the texture on the render compared to the statue, particularly the underside of the cape.
No flaming I agree. This one took the XM approach of hyping a render that can never be realized in 1/4 scale especially a 3rd gen mold from soft silicone and doused with paint..
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #125
ryuhayabusa6787

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post

You basically are describing more than half of the industry looks great in z brush when time to produce and slap some paint on it looks like $hit or sub par.

Customs especially
Example render shows beautiful woman final product shows a tranvestite

Technology still have a long way to go on human feet and hair on statues. Most just look so fake and cheap.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #126
qz33
Rescue

^ Fo sho.
XM's made some fine pieces but they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are if it wasn't for their initial renders drumming up so much hype.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #127
SONICobra
Batman

Guess theyre going through with offering the additional pieces as a "battle exclusive" kudos to pcs for listening to their fans and customers
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:52 AM   #128
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Guess theyre going through with offering the additional pieces as a "battle exclusive" kudos to pcs for listening to their fans and customers
Wow that's a great move and a big IF with 50 orders at that price.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:48 AM   #129
ryuhayabusa6787

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Yes I’m going to be the one that b#tches

You couldn’t do this with dredd 1/3? As fans requested? And who is more popular than slaine?
Old 06-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #130
SONICobra
Batman

good point, im guessing that original dredd base was never finished though. this statue was overpriced for me as is (not saying it isnt worth it, too much to spend on a character i know little to nothing about) so i have no skin in the game regardless

i guess i was just in a kudos giving mood after SS stiffed us on mystique teasing two better switch outs than whats currently offered with the statue that didnt make the final cut and despite the feedback nothing will change... so regardless of what pcs has done in the past they are at least making an effort with this, hopefully they get enough orders to make it worth it
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote