Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #21
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Direct Market are from Comic stores? of from online like Amazon?
Direct market are indeed bricks-and-mortar and online comic-book stores. Amazon and such do not carry those covers, so if you order this from them (Amazon) you're stuck with that hideous art.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Direct market are indeed bricks-and-mortar and online comic-book stores. Amazon and such do not carry those covers, so if you order this from them (Amazon) you're stuck with that hideous art.
This is why I order from cheapgraphicnovels.com. They offer all the different covers as choices.

Last edited by wktf; 11-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #23
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
My Colossal Conan The Cimmerian arrived yesterday. Great looking book & as big as the 1st Colossal Conan released a few years back although only a little over half as thick. Colossal King Conan next month!

Have seen the cover of Marvel's upcoming Conan V.I Omni. Not a fan of the cover art. Hope there's another version.

There is. The original BWS art from issue #1.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #24
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You're talking about Vol 1&2 of these?
https://www.amazon.com/Barry-Windsor...dp/1595825061/
That’s it! Though this appears to be a subsequent printing since the first printing.

Last edited by wktf; 12-10-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:32 PM   #25
protector2814
Phoenix

1/2 way though my new Dark Horse, Colossal Conan The Cimmerian Omni. & I gotta say, Marvel really has their work cut out for them to top what Dark Horse did w/ the character over the past years. This book's just amazing! Just the 1st 7 pages of this one are more fun & bloody then Marvel ever did with their color comic of Conan. I have all of these DH issues in long boxes, but I'm very glad I bought this book too. The flow is so much fun. The Cho' covers, the Truman writing. This is great Conan. DH dropped the ball later w/ their Conan run, but when they hit I, man, they really created some wonderful comics.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #26
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post

Have seen the cover of Marvel's upcoming Conan V.I Omni. Not a fan of the cover art. Hope there's another version.

Yikes! John Cassaday is responsible for that? The awkward pose reminds me of that awful Sgt. Rock statue from DC Direct:

Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #27
protector2814
Phoenix

So, my copy of Dark Horse' Colossal King Conan arrived yesterday. Like the 2 before, DH does not disappoint w/ this Omni. Beautiful & huge. With this release, I guess DH officially says good-bye to Conan so I wanted to thank them. Unfortunately, probably more wasn't collected into hdbk presentations than was, but at least they gave us the 3 collections. I truly feel that Dark Horse did an outstanding job w/ the Barbarian especially Tim Truman & Kurt Busiek, who kicked the entire run off. COnan heads back hme to Marvel &, from the looks of it, I'll have lots more omnibus to collect from them, including the hdbk treatment of Savage Sword (I lost my paperback collection of those in a basement flood, so I'll be buying the omnibus treatments. Thanks Dark Horse for your time w/ Conan The Barbarian.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote