Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
Python
Omega Red

HCG Aliens Power Loader

It seems this impressive beast deserves its own thread outside of the general Aliens license, I'm betting this is huge in person. 10 month payment plan is tempting! The base is rotates, allowing you to easily pose this while still having the logo face on, a very nice touch!

"The Caterpillar P-5000 Powered Work Loader, commonly referred to as a Power Loader, is a commercial mechanized anthropomorphic Exoskeleton used for lifting heavy materials and objects. More importantly it was also used by Ripley to defeat the Alien Queen!

Painstakingly recreated from the original blueprints, no detail has been spared to make this the most accurate Power Loader replica ever made.

Presented for the first time ever as a Studio Scale model - exactly the same size as the model used in filming the movie! Standing an imposing 33” tall, and 25” wide this truly is an EpicTM scale model!

Amazingly detailed, it features a webbing operator harness made of real material, a working light-up hazard light on top, and an accurate weathered finish.

Our HCG Exclusive version also comes with a high quality 24" x 18" print of the Powerloader blueprints and specs sheet!

As with all Hollywood Collectibles pieces this museum quality Studio Scale model is constructed from heavyweight polystone and mixed media, then hand painted to the finest detail.

The centerpiece of anyone’s Aliens collection!"

Dimensions: 33" Tall x 25" Wide Approx.

Edition Size: EX 350 / Reg 1000

Availability: Pre-Order

Estimated Ship Date: 2nd Qtr 2015

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
Python
Omega Red

Old 01-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Tempted by this, always loved the power loader scenes in aliens. The rotating Base is a nice touch, might see what collectibles direct price it at (though they can be very hit and miss with prices)
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #4
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Definitely interesting. Love the turning base idea, hate the nameplate, can't believe companies still put nameplates under the statues.
Am I wrong or does HCG have some inconsistent QC? I think we'll see in hand pics of this one before it sells out.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Wow, just checked the es 1350 including the ex version! Bit over the top imo certainly won't be in a rush to order will probably wait for in hand pics to see the production quality.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #6
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Definitely interesting. Love the turning base idea, hate the nameplate, can't believe companies still put nameplates under the statues.
Am I wrong or does HCG have some inconsistent QC? I think we'll see in hand pics of this one before it sells out.
you could always have the nameplate at the back and still have the powerloader facing forward (assuming it'd be displayed against a wall)
Old 01-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
you could always have the nameplate at the back and still have the powerloader facing forward (assuming it'd be displayed against a wall)
...I'm a retard
You're definitely right. Not a dealbreaker, but I really can't stand nameplates.
How good is HCG's quality control? Are they reliable?
Price point is a bit steep imho, true this is a behemot, but not sure if it's THAT MUCH an intricate piece to justify the 1200$ price tag. Final product should really be on par with the prototype for it to be justified.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
Python
Omega Red

El, I'm thinking the same as you, Collectibles direct can be great, but sometimes they put high prices on stuff, I'll email HCG and see if they have a rough idea of the shipping cost for us on this. I'm surprised so many are being made, I suspect we'll have plenty of time to ponder this one before ordering.

Quote:
...I'm a retard
You're definitely right. Not a dealbreaker, but I really can't stand nameplates.
Price point is a bit steep imho, true this is a behemot, but not sure if it's THAT MUCH an intricate piece to justify the 1200$ price tag. Final product should really be on par with the prototype for it to be justified.

HCG's character/human likenesses can be very weak, but for stuff like this they can be great. My only HCG item is one of my very favorite collectibles, the P2 stunt mask, it's excellent.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:32 PM   #9
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks for the inputs mate!
I was already glad they didn't put Ripley in there - I like the museum/studio replica better on these kind of pieces. Now, knowing that human likenesses are not their sweet spot, it's even better.

I think that, in case, I'd go with the retailer/importer route on this one, if in hand pics prove it comes out like the prototype. Probably going to cost a bloodbath with the dollar being so strong and Eur so weak.

Isn't the APC expected to come out any day now? Curious to see QC on that one, should be a good meter to judge.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #10
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
...I'm a retard
I think hcg can be very hit and miss with their stuff so probably best to wait and see in hand pics. I agree the price is a bit steep, and at that price especially there's no excuse for the production piece not looking at least as good as the proto as it's not exactly the most complex paint job in the world (in fact even on the proto the paint on the pistons isn't the best)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
El, I'm thinking the same as you, Collectibles direct can be great, but sometimes they put high prices on stuff, I'll email HCG and see if they have a rough idea of the shipping cost for us on this. I'm surprised so many are being made, I suspect we'll have plenty of time to ponder this one before ordering.