The neck seam on this is poor. I hope it's getting aligned into the webbing
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #532
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
The neck seam on this is poor. I hope it's getting aligned into the webbing
This is XM Studios, not Sideshow. The seam will be fine. More often than not, their final production pieces look better than their prototypes.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:18 AM   #533
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
This is XM Studios, not Sideshow. The seam will be fine. More often than not, their final production pieces look better than their prototypes.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #534
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They are superior in quality hands down to SS.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:47 AM   #535
GaryTonge
Kingpin

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:12 AM   #536
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

"XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Spider-Man! Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man swings into XM as an amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain statue! Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. Don't miss out on possibly one of the most dynamic Spider-Man statue produced in premium quality!

Peter Parker was orphaned at the age of six and left in the care of his elderly uncle and aunt, Ben and May Parker. Peter was academically gifted, displaying an uncanny affinity for science that was nothing short of genius."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:54 AM   #537
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Sort of seems like mixed reactions to this piece. I can sort of understand it, to some extent, depending on what you're looking for.

I just ordered it, and although I'm not familiar with every single Spider-man that's been released, this what what I really dig about this statue:

1) First and foremost, I like seeing Spider-Man swinging. In statues I've seen, he may be posing to shoot his webbing, but I like how you see how he's interacting with and really relying on his webbing in this statue. Without the webbing, the statue literally cannot work artistically. That's not something I typically see, whether it's the 1/4 SS SpiderMan, 1/4 Iron Studios Spiderman, etc. I just can't think of another 1/4 Spider-Man statue that has done that, but some of you would know better than me.

2) Variety of heads. The half unmasked head is the winner here, but what I'm noticing is that the heads also appear to be at slightly different angles (*I think*). The head with the larger eyes, for example, is looking further up, while the torn face sculpt seems to be looking more forward.

I also think it does a good job of representing different variations of the character. A little taste of McFarlane. A little taste of Romita/Spider-Man Homecoming. A little Raimi Spider-Man.

I do think it looks less "busy" without the pumpkin bombs, so hopefully you can remove those without the statue having visible holes exposed.

I hope they make Miles Morales Spider Man soon.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:32 AM   #538
Peedi
The Secret Six

with everything you said PacMan.

And especially about Miles. I have the PF and would absolutely love an XM Miles. One of my favorite characters.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #539
PacMan3000
The Spirit

That’s really cool, Peedi. I also love Miles. I have the PF as well, but I’m not totally satisfied with it, so I’d love to see XM work their magic with the character in 1/4 form.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:46 PM   #540
Peedi
The Secret Six

Alright I’m in. He’s my favorite character, I couldn’t skip XM’s entry of him.

This statue has come a long way. I was watching videos and comparing the old version with all the villain switch outs to the updated version. I think that old version still has a lot of people soured on this statue but what we’re seeing now truely is a nice piece.

Since I have 5 1/4 Spideys already and depending on when this ships this will be my 6th or 7th I’m definitely using the damaged mask for some variety. My only complaint is the leg scratches from the original didn’t carry over as this one has a damaged mask but the rest of him is untouched.

Also I saw a video that said the neck seam will be reworked so that will make this even better.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote