Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
Y3E
Gen 13

I will probably get the Disney streaming service if the monthly cost is as low as the Netflix, so if DD and the other Marvel shows and new seasons ended up there I will watch.

DD was by far my favorite of the Marvel shows.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
This is one of the best show ever made and produced. Stellar cast and solid writing. Shame it got canceled. I blame Disney for this. I highly doubt this will ever be brought back since it’s not pg13 rated.
I don't think Disney ever said they were keeping their content to just PG-13. In fact, that would be foolish given the licenses they hold and they need more content than just children's cartoons for their streaming service.

I think we could see all those shows over on the Disney streaming.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:24 PM   #23
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm not even a big Daredevil fan and it is among my all time favorite super hero shows. That hallway fight scene was as impressive to me as any multi million dollar CG extravaganza.
I'll be honest. I didn't give two sh**S and a f**k about Daredevil, Elektra or Kingpin before the show. After watching, it's made me interested in these characters (which is a good thing) but it's very sad to see it end.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:01 PM   #24
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't think Disney ever said they were keeping their content to just PG-13. In fact, that would be foolish given the licenses they hold and they need more content than just children's cartoons for their streaming service.

I think we could see all those shows over on the Disney streaming.
Disney could air future adult Marvel shows on Hulu:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/27/b...sney-hulu.html

"The Fox deal includes its 30 percent share of Hulu, which will bring Disney’s ownership up to 60 percent. Comcast holds 30 percent, while AT&T has a 10 percent interest following its acquisition of Time Warner. Disney wants the service to be a vehicle for more mature entertainment, while developing another for its family-friendly fare."
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:34 AM   #25
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'll be honest. I didn't give two sh**S and a f**k about Daredevil, Elektra or Kingpin before the show. After watching, it's made me interested in these characters (which is a good thing) but it's very sad to see it end.
The actors of those characters you mentioned were great but the actor who plays Kingpin is my favorite.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:36 AM   #26
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

This just sucks. All 3 seasons were absolutely great. I loved this series. I’m not sure I’ll forgive Disney for this one. I’m with Protector, if this is in the service for getting us to fork out more money for a Disney streaming service, I’m out.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #27
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
This just sucks. All 3 seasons were absolutely great. I loved this series. I’m not sure I’ll forgive Disney for this one. I’m with Protector, if this is in the service for getting us to fork out more money for a Disney streaming service, I’m out.
not to be rude, but of course it is. I don't know how everybody didn't see this coming from a mile away the moment a hint of a Disney streaming was even hinted at.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #28
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Man, I would really be tempted to "cut the cord" if I could get fast and reliable internet here. I have the options of "high speed" DSL AT&T and Spectrum cable which is supposed to be much faster but I've heard nightmares about reliability and throttling the speeds. I really think cable/satellite TV would be doomed if most places in the US had better internet, it makes you wonder if they keep it this way...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #29
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not to be rude, but of course it is. I don't know how everybody didn't see this coming from a mile away the moment a hint of a Disney streaming was even hinted at.
It's not Disney's fault. With everyone cutting the cord it won't be long before we are all nickle and dimed by the various content delivery services. CBS, NBC, ABC etc will start their own streaming services (some already are) and then the services like Netflix and Hulu won't be showing the old reruns anymore as the network channels will be doing it. It's going to be a vastly changing media world in 5-10 years.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #30
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
It's not Disney's fault. With everyone cutting the cord it won't be long before we are all nickle and dimed by the various content delivery services. CBS, NBC, ABC etc will start their own streaming services (some already are) and then the services like Netflix and Hulu won't be showing the old reruns anymore as the network channels will be doing it. It's going to be a vastly changing media world in 5-10 years.
Yeah, it's a smart move and it'll be interesting to see how each will stack up to each other, I'm sure the Marvel shows are some of the most watched shows on Netflix and helped them grow. I just hope Disney creates quality instead of cashing in on their vast IP's that'll make them money either way(haven't seen the last Star Wars but I've heard it left quite the bitter taste). 200+ channels sound great until you realize you just watch a dozen or less.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote