Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #71
actionjackson83
Midnighter

People are always looking for an excuse not to buy, or to criticize and I don't pay it any attention. People who make off comments like this I chalk it up to not really being fans of the character but needing to get their 2 cents in for the sake of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sorry, what?

actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:40 AM   #72
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
People are always looking for an excuse not to buy, or to criticize and I don't pay it any attention. People who make off comments like this I chalk it up to not really being fans of the character but needing to get their 2 cents in for the sake of it.
Yup I agree!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #73
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Are you serious, none of them had a good portrait. Cat woman looks like she has cerebral palsy with that lip biting thing going on, dark Phoenix is not great, Storm I somewhat like (love the piece, portraits not as much). Mystique and Wanda look promising.
If you didn't like the biting lip portrait she has 2 others that are just as stellar.

Dark phoenix is really a matter of preference.

Have you seen ivy in person? Lol.

Mystique i was less impressed but i guess you like strong jawed women more? Yea wanda is great.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #74
iceprince_x
Deadman

The boots are not sexy... needs a bit of finesse but everything else is great. Wish they can do a diamond switch out
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #75
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Are you serious, none of them had a good portrait. Cat woman looks like she has cerebral palsy with that lip biting thing going on, dark Phoenix is not great, Storm I somewhat like (love the piece, portraits not as much). Mystique and Wanda look promising.
I agree XM had issues with female portraits when they first started making statues, either the portrait was very bland or they would sculpt their heads to small compared to their bodies.. But the last year or so XM has done a great job with their female portraits...

True I'm not crazy about the biting lip Catwoman but her other portraits came out great IMO... I have Storm in hand and her portraits are amazing... Dark Phoenix looks amazing also...

Prime 1 is probably still the best when it comes to portraits although XM lately has not been that far behind them... SS has great sculpted portraits but their factories screw up the paint applications and we end up with pretty poor looking portraits.. There are some exceptions every once in awhile their factories give us a good one like Red Sonja...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #76
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

As I stated before, yes they are getting better. I really am waiting for this one portrait that will blow my socks off. Unfortunately, so far, it's not happening. I will be praying to the dark lord for Ilyana to come out great, because that's my dream piece.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #77
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hmmm....

Wait is the Hellfire Club Greek? What's with the greek key graphics on the base?

Super cute version of Emma though
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:30 PM   #78
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
As I stated before, yes they are getting better. I really am waiting for this one portrait that will blow my socks off. Unfortunately, so far, it's not happening. I will be praying to the dark lord for Ilyana to come out great, because that's my dream piece.
I feel damned for saying that stuff quoting Sabrina
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #79
ukshaun
Hercules

hmm.. i'm not sure what to make of the XM Frost
It's a nice enough render/sculpt. I'm guessing she will be $1000 or there-a-bouts..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #80
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Very nice statue. I like the evil smirk on the shorter hair portrait. And they show her power a bit in the longer hair pic.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote