Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #411
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Just got my email from IronStudiosUS to say my Jungle Explorer 05 is ready.

$649
-$65 pre order deposit
+$201 Fedex Shipping to the UK
+$5 handling fee (??)

Total; $790 for the Explorer alone. Oh boy. Still got customs/duty to come.
I saw a load of stuff is back in stock or soon will be on their website, and I'm tempted by the explorer or even Set A if it comes back in stock. From a U.K. Distributor, Set A would have cost £1500 including shipping and tax, and from IS it is just under £1000 shipped, but obviously not including tax, which I can't imagine is £500? Retailers surely price it higher to make a profit, unless they get a distributor discount.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:43 AM   #412
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
I saw a load of stuff is back in stock or soon will be on their website, and I'm tempted by the explorer or even Set A if it comes back in stock. From a U.K. Distributor, Set A would have cost £1500 including shipping and tax, and from IS it is just under £1000 shipped, but obviously not including tax, which I can't imagine is £500? Retailers surely price it higher to make a profit, unless they get a distributor discount.
I’m not quite sure where you’ve seen Set A is under £1000 shipped? It’s $1500, which is around £1150, you then have shipping on top of that (bear in mind I paid £154 for the Jungle Explorer alone) then you have customs/duty at 20% of the total price you paid (including the shipping which is a b*tch).

I’m thinking in the long run I’ve paid more than if I had bought in the U.K, however I’ll get it much sooner I guess. It arrives next Tuesday. I had preordered the Explorer well before it started showing up on U.K. websites, and at the time the price difference was astronomical looking.

Edit; after a bit of calculating, looks like I’m around £30 worse off importing than if i’d bought from the U.K, and that’s assuming there’s no postage charges in the U.K. (which is unlikely). Not a massive amount. I’m hoping that importing means less likelihood of damage.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:47 AM   #413
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Regardless of price, you'll have no regrets having this in your collection. Pretty low numbers and will be hard to get in the future. Must buy for Jurassic Park fans.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:14 AM   #414
Lemmiwinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Regardless of price, you'll have no regrets having this in your collection. Pretty low numbers and will be hard to get in the future. Must buy for Jurassic Park fans.
I wish I could have gone for the full diorama. I do agree that I don’t think we’ll ever see anything like this again. It was incredibly ambitious.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #415
kiosh
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
The tail sticks out a lot for the base. I will make a 80 cm cabinet
please can you tell me total dept with tail? thx
kiosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #416
darkblack
Doh!

Can anyone help me find this in UK or Europe? Only Set B.
darkblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:16 PM   #417
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
The tail sticks out a lot for the base. I will make a 80 cm cabinet
Hi, please could you tell me the exact depth of the base, including the part that holds the foliage? I’m trying to see if this would fit on a large unit I have. The width is fine, it’s the depth I’m concerned about and as the 3 separate bases create a kind of curve, it’s tricky to figure out if I will have enough space or not. The overlapping tail is not a problem, it’s just the base I need to know fits or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	478B5D5C-9CF1-4996-90F0-22ABB13332DA.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	127991  
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #418
darkblack
Doh!

Also can anyone confirm the dimensions and weight of the boxes for Set B. Thanks.
darkblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #419
MikemBHD

Anyone have both the raptors dio and the rex , can you post pics together for size comparison
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #420
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

The entire diorama, or separate, is now up for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store (as well as the standalone Rex).
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote