Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #701
darkness777
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
See here is the potential problem I have with this. On one hand you may be right some collectors want Vader instead of both Hayden and young Anakin.

But there is a issue that can arise....if you don't want 2 of the main characters from the 1 - 6 SW films...how can you expect them to maybe make a lesser known character like Hammerhead? or hell Lando Calrissian? or Kit Fisto? or Mace Windu? See the POTENTIAL problem?

Ironically, from what I heard at the show the majority of the people loved the three in one Vader...or at the very least thought it was impressive.

I'm not saying all of this to try and convince anyone to buy the Vader...we all buy what we like...but KIM the potential characters that won't be done if people don't appreciate what XM is doing with SW. From my recollection, no other company to my knowledge has done a three in one statue. Obviously, Disney must like what they are doing cause they have a buttload of stuff coming.

I for one hope Vader does well, because I want to see the more obscure characters done.
You definitely do make some good points. It's just very difficult for a collector to shell all that cash that would be demanded for a 3 statues package when you really only care about the Vader piece only. The other 2 are such unpopular versions (young anakin & Hayden). It's like you're forced to pay for a Jar Jar Binks statue if came in as a set with Obi or some other character. Gotta remember the prequel trilogy is very unpopular albeit for a few characters like Darth Maul, etc. So it's a bit tricky when you combine different characters or different versions of the same character in a set with the added cost in acquiring.
darkness777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #702
darkness777

I really hope XM reconsiders their 3 piece Vader approach. Vader is very popular would be great if they can make a stand alone or do a Vader later down the road that's in line with the Boba Fett statue (meaning dynamic).
Old 12-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #703
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness777 View Post
I really hope XM reconsiders their 3 piece Vader approach. Vader is very popular would be great if they can make a stand alone or do a Vader later down the road that's in line with the Boba Fett statue (meaning dynamic).
This guy knows what we all want! Xm please listen for future reference
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #704
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Yea I couldn't care less about little Kid Anakin or worthless actor Hayden Anakin honestly. Hopefully they would be removable from the base and wouldn't detract from Vader.

If XM can go back to the drawing board on multiple statues (Spider Gwen, Winter Soldier, Elektra, Captain America Honorary, etc) they can do the same with Vader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You and I don't...but I know others do. As hard as that may seem.

SS released an Anakin Skywalker and that was a bad ass statue. IN fact, it's one of the top 5 or 6 SW statues I still think they have done to date. For the record, that's the version I think XM is going with and that I do like (Ep. 3 version).
I agree don't care for young Anakin. He should become canon when the mouse took the license.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #705
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
What I think XM may do is depending on how Vader pre-sold at the conventions...they may make this a lower ES due to how expensive it is and also knowing that some collectors don't want all three characters like you said.

If the SW statues do well, I don't see any reason why a standalone Vader won't be done at some point by XM...hell for all anyone knows they may already be working on a dynamic standalone Vader.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #706
ambasah
Red Skull

count me in the camp that would much prefer no baby ani or brat ani.

It will be tough to pay 2x as much to get something you care very little for, regardless of how well it's done.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #707
darkness777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
count me in the camp that would much prefer no baby ani or brat ani.

It will be tough to pay 2x as much to get something you care very little for, regardless of how well it's done.
Right. Cost is the huge factor. If anything people may shell out the money for the set and then try to sell the other 2 on ebay.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #708
darkness777

Maybe XM will make a Princess Leia statue down the line in honor of Carrie Fisher's passing today.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #709
WadeItOut
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burberryknight View Post
Darth Maul is the best IMO. =)
RIP My credit card
WadeItOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #710
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Maybe XM will make a Princess Leia statue down the line in honor of Carrie Fisher's passing today.
I sure hope they make one. I wasn't really a fan of the face sculpts on the two SS has made.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote