Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-14-2019, 01:32 PM   #31
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
There was only 11 episodes, not sure there was any real filler episodes... They had some backstory episodes to give more depth to the characters...
Agreed that there wasn't any filler episodes IMHO.

I was shocked about the season being only 11 episodes (over the usual 12 or 13). Originally the marked the series as 12, but it looks like they decided to save what was episode 12 as episode 1 of season 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I didn't have high hopes for this series but really enjoyed it. I've read about Starfire casting reaction but I think the actress did a great job as the character. Can't wait for season 2.
Same here. I really, really enjoyed this. I look forward to season 2 and I also hope they do more spinoffs.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:17 PM   #32
Vracula
Jedi Order

Just started watching this . Thought this was going to be aimed at the teen to 25 demographic but holy hell it is so violent. My wife also pointed out that it's not Teen Titans just Titans which I missed for some reason. I really wish we got the fight choreography from Daredevil but instead we got the usual Bourne inspired garbage.

I don't know what to make of it yet.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #33
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I didn't have high hopes for this series but really enjoyed it. I've read about Starfire casting reaction but I think the actress did a great job as the character. Can't wait for season 2.
If they wanted to be more accurate to the comic books, all they needed was a white actress and put some of that tanning spray on her that they use all the time in the UK, she would of had an orange glow to her skin...

They made Starfire African American because of the PC climate we live in now plus lets be honest 90% of all the comic book characters (especially those created in the 40's-50's) are all white... If they didn't change up the characters minority actors would never get to be a part of these TV Shows/Movies, It's why they made Iris West (The Flash) African American....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:11 AM   #34
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If they wanted to be more accurate to the comic books, all they needed was a white actress and put some of that tanning spray on her that they use all the time in the UK, she would of had an orange glow to her skin...
she didn't need to be white, same actress could've been orange and not given a party city clown wig and pleather hooker clothes and been an awesome looking Starfire as she's quite pretty and easily could've looked the part if the show actually wanted her to look like the character and not just be a prop for their diversity cred.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:25 AM   #35
built2shred
Phoenix

Given how dark her skin is I doubt any light orange coloring would show up on her that well, she would need constant CGI to make her orange... white skin is easier to make look orange with makeup or like I said before just a orange spray tan...

I think the wild bright clothing was their attempt to make her have a Starfire vibe without having to make her skin look orange all the time... thus saving the orange look for only when she's using her powers through CGI..

I get why they're doing it, it's just an adjustment period when your used to seeing a character look a certain way for years in comics and they completely change the character for a TV Show..

It took me a few episodes but I think the actress makes a pretty good Starfire...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #36
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Wow this surprised me! not what i was expecting at all. I was only going to watch this while i waited for Punisher S2 but this was great.

I've really only stuck with Gotham when it comes to whats out there from DC but can't wait for more of this.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #37
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Wow this surprised me! not what i was expecting at all. I was only going to watch this while i waited for Punisher S2 but this was great.

I've really only stuck with Gotham when it comes to whats out there from DC but can't wait for more of this.
I think once you adjust to the tone it is enjoyable for what they set out to do.

I still want my fanservice of Donna in her costume for season 2.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #38
Augen
Metal Men

Smile

Season 2
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:06 PM   #39
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Anyone else watched the first episode of Season 2 yet?
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #40
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Yup... pretty damn good. Jason Todd is still an asshole.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote