Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #1651
supermn619
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
I wonder if we're getting 3 diff head portraits* I LOVE the black eyes with the white spark (just like in the comics) not too fond of the giant red ruby eyes, but it does look best on his serious portrait. Overall i'm 100% loving this piece!!
Good Eye!!!! I hope we get all 3
supermn619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #1652
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermn619 View Post
Good Eye!!!! I hope we get all 3
I think the Ruby red eyes might just be the beginning phase of paintjob, 3 portraits would be nice tho
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #1653
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
All statues look the same when you store them in a garage in the brown shipping box.
Just get the Reg and not the EX to save yourself $$$
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #1654
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

This thanos reminds me of how Jim starlin drew him in the early days,big,stocky and mean..I think sideshow did fantastic,..and have upped their game big time,(batman modern,spiderman,..)now this thanos on throne,grail piece for me,Edition wise I don't care...i always collect what I like ,and never worry about numbers...well done sideshow and thank you for this masterpiece!
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #1655
shakex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

GODLIKE THANOS

ORDERED!!!
shakex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #1656
Trinita
Fantastic Four

When is this comeing out?
Trinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 PM   #1657
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
You just can't stop talking about XM, can you? God, it's annoying.
lol you and everyone else complaining about collectors talking about Xm is annoying!! I was simply comparing it to Xm, and from looks of it and the video and pictures they don't look like gems or Ruby's but colored stones!

I hope that they are ruby like gems!! I talk about sideshow as much if not more than Xm so not sure what the hell your even talking about!!

I think this piece looks amazing and if I like what I see come ore order time I'll buy him and I'll have him to go along next to my XM THANOS! Oh shoot don't want to day Xm Thanos again and annoy you northern! Sorry man I'll stop...
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 PM   #1658
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Well prepare to be disappointed I highly doubt they'll look as good or close to XM gauntlet....

What??? You bite your tongue!! This is going to be great but don't think it will unseat Magneto! And they are putting all this great and amazing detail into the back of the throne of which most will never see or get to truly appreciate! Hoping its wider on sides and taller so you can appreciate throne from straight on...

Sarah
What the heck are you talking about matching XM?? This looks just as good

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It's all the details in the shoulder armor...texture of the suit...best portraits...probably like ever that I have seen...couple different head sculpts, tons of details in the chair and boots...this is an immaculate piece from top to bottom!

I have confidence that the factories will turn out a great statue...SS's latest offerings have been on quite a roll QC wise the past couple years (barring their Court of the Dead line).

Kudos to SS for a very impressive piece. If there is ever a character that deserves a throne in statue form...it would be Thanos...above all IMO. Second would be maybe Mephisto and Dr. Doom and Odin!!

Now the final part will be price in conjunction with ES. I just won't have the money to get this guy if he is over $1000 whether it has a small ES or not. So keeping fingers crossed!
Damn skippy
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #1659
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Video looks pretty good.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #1660
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
What the heck are you talking about matching XM

That's a bad picture spidey that picture makes the Ruby's look like little Easter eggs which in no regard does my Thanos gauntlet look like picture above! It actually looks translucent in a sense and gives you the effect that they are real Ruby's or gems! T

hat picture isn't a representation of what it looks like and picture you posted is photoshopped so it was a very bad ecabole! Not trying to be mean but that's poor example, but will find out real soon with the full reveal / sneak!! And I can't wait to see this thing in all its glory looks fantastic after watching video!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote