Old 12-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #1112
clutch
Sailor Moon

Nevermind.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:47 PM   #1113
bforce
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Shipping - $281 USD ($366 AUD) to Australia.

So all up (approx) including shipping, import fees, taxes etc - the statue will work out to be roughly $1,800-$2,000 USD ($2,300-$2,600 AUD).
bforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #1114
Rotties4ever
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforce View Post
Shipping - $281 USD ($366 AUD) to Australia.

So all up (approx) including shipping, import fees, taxes etc - the statue will work out to be roughly $1,800-$2,000 USD ($2,300-$2,600 AUD).
If it's not to late you could cancel your order and buy it from Popcultcha.com.au for $1699.99AUD. Even if you lose your deposit with PCS that's a big difference.
Rotties4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #1115
bforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotties4ever View Post
If it's not to late you could cancel your order and buy it from Popcultcha.com.au for $1699.99AUD. Even if you lose your deposit with PCS that's a big difference.
Popcultcha must have put it back up their website recently - (and be honouring original pricing from years ago??). I've only guessimated total cost at this stage inc taxes etc - so I could be way off.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #1116
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Paying that really hurt lol but hey it's done with now!

Now the wait begins....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 03:18 AM   #1117
bforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotties4ever View Post
Well after a bit more addition etc. I'm not sure how Popcultcha can offer it for $1699.99AUD, so for anyone in Australia jump on it if you can (especially if you have Pennies to discount it further). Maybe they locked it in when the AUD was high, maybe they got a great shipping deal. I went back and looked at see if I ordered an exclusive version or something - but no just one of the 150 on offer.

Just based on current exchange rates (which may change again when it hits Australian customs) - with all import taxes, fees etc, it will amount to roughly shy of $2K.

Deposit, Balance and Shipping - I can get around $1699.99AUD, but then you need to add import fees, GST and processing.

Oh well, just another reason after almost 20years of collecting I've decided to get out of it - this being the last piece I have on Pre-Order.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #1118
Darth Milo
Hydra

Review: https://youtu.be/MrUE8vjpnI0
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:48 AM   #1119
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamboni View Post
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying I should stop collecting just because I've learned to save money by waiting to pick these pieces up when they are released. FYI, Sideshow has a lot of the pieces released this year for 25% off and free shipping.

I'm thinking about picking up Alpha Nash for $285 shipped. Had I ordered direct it would have cost over $400 with shipping.
Sorry, but no that's not what I'm saying.

What I meant is for a private collector should never sell a piece for under from what they got it for and for me if someone were to offer me lower then what I paid for it then I would never sell it and if anything give to a family member to appreciate it. There will always be a buyer for retail or more on Most pieces so I would not settle for less. If I was in an emergency situation then I might sell for under retail, but even then I would figure a way to get the money from else where before I would be forced to sell under retail.

I agree with you that it's good when Sideshow can have those 25% discounts and still make a profit so it's a win to the customer and for Sideshow. All I was trying to say if things go for too low then it may effect them by not making as many cool statues. When things sell poorly, eventually pieces like those will never be made again if they keep going under retail then I would imagine we would not see so many risky statues of uncommon characters (XM Iron Fist) and only see pieces like a million Hot Toys Iron Mans Since they know it will sell better.

I don't agree for all private sellers to settle for under retail though. I guess I been lucky with pieces I order because they always seems to be the pieces that peeps want to pay triple for, but I refuse to sell.. I have some friends in the past that offer me always more then retail so yes for you it's great to save money, but for the person selling it, why would you want to lose money on your art purchase?

Good Art always gave me the impression that it will appreciate and not go down in value and if that's the case of it going down, then I suggest keeping it for sentimental value if no one wants to pay more for a piece a private collector tries to sell.

It's ok if a company will discount pieces as long as they can still make a profit in order to Thrive, grow and ultimately provide customers larger and better detailed pieces.

I don't like the fact for any side whether it's the buyer or the seller to lose out on money and takes a loss is not cool for anyone and is what I meant. Yeah, it's cool to get a piece for a low price, but I wouldn't want to get it from a collector that has to sell it for less and they take a loss makes me feel bad. Yeah, I would be happy to get it lower then retail, but then again I would want both sides happy and anyone selling a statue under retail is definitely not a happy camper.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #1120
ALF_1
Justice League

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That's K.A. Kim, she's an absolute portrait master. Her and Arnie Kim are probably the best when it comes to Reeve Superman likeness.

Thanks for the info! I definitely heard of Arnie Kim, but I did not know of K.A. Kim and now I can say she is Amazing as well!!! I love my Hot Toys Chris Reeves and everything down to the costume itself is a 10/10!

To all great artist, I salute you and appreciate your astonishing talents. I have good art skills, but I could never compete to a community of stellar artist that share their work with the World!

Chris Reeves will have to defend next to my gigantor in size Darkness. Superman will fall to the Darkness. Lol
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote