Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #51
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_jedi View Post
Here it is ...
But I think SS Spidey Comiquette will look better in scale ...
The first picture shown the two don't look that good together. Venom looks like a 1/3 scale statue, it makes the Spiderman statue look weak. The pipes on Venom statue look like there about 1/2 the width of Spiderman. they look bigger than the steel beams on the Spidy statue. Seeing the size of the pipes and Venom, this is not a 1/4 statue, maybe between 1/4 and a 1/3. Thanks for posting those pictures, I still might buy it, but will be display off on his own or maybe with a 1/3 scale Batman
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:01 PM   #52
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Then why would you even consider the statue? Why is this even a conversation?
I didn’t start the thread. Yes I’ve never considered the Prime 1 statue hence my argument that the Sideshow version is the one to get. Don’t think it is that hard to figure out for most people.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #53
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
That first picture they don't look good together, Venom looks like a 1/3 scale statue. It makes the Spiderman statue look weak. The pipes on Venom statue look like there about 1/2 the width of Spiderman. Seeing the size of the pipes and Venom, this is not a 1/4 statue, maybe between 1/4 and a 1/3. Thanks for posting those pictures, I still might buy it, but will be display off on his own or maybe with a 1/3 scale Batman
In venom dark origin when the symbiote fully bonded with eddie brock dna he become monstrous so spider man should look significantly smaller.So imo that make spider man look weak and that what I like.And about the display with Batman I will like to see the effect( DC and Marvel mix).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16060.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	110881  
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:13 PM   #54
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I didn’t start the thread. Yes I’ve never considered the Prime 1 statue hence my argument that the Sideshow version is the one to get. Don’t think it is that hard to figure out for most people.
No, it's pretty clear. If one doesn't care for the source material and therefore doesn't like the P1 Venom that's fine.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:24 PM   #55
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Prime 1 Dark Origin is better to me but respect to those that like the other one.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #56
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

they have some great comparison pictures in the prime 1 venom thread. Prime 1 posted pics of the venom and PF spidey together at different angles. They are great companion piece because it looks like spidey is web shooting venom in the face.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:34 PM   #57
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I went with Prime 1's Venom. I have always loved Venom being portrayed as a massive towering symbiote as opposed to an agile gorilla.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #58
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just can't get past the pose of the Sideshow version or the base. I used to have the original comiquette which I thought was great but sold for a very good profit and plan to get the Prime 1 version.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote